Author Topic: woodchuck with a rock  (Read 13146 times)

Pahinh.Winh

Re: woodchuck with a rock
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 06:56:55 pm »
One morning some years ago, I heard the dogs carrying on out by the big maple..  Went to see what they had treed..  There was a young woodchuck - about 8-9 lbs - laying as flat as it could, on a limb about 10' off the ground.  Cahined the dogs, put water & food at the bottom of the tree.. He wouldn't leave until I took the dogs to the barn & chained them there.. 2 days later.  I'll bet s/he was one hungry chuck!  I grew up in the country - never heard of a woodchuck climbing a tree.  Wouldn'ta been sporting to kill it, but they are good eating.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 02:35:30 pm »
hedgeapple, that was an awsome storry.

im sixteen and a football player and im pretty sure i cant do that.
lets just shoot it

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 01:24:35 am »
;D Sounds like fun! I've never killed one with a rock but I have stomped one to death once. Along with numerous opossums.....Have I ever mentioned I don't like possums?  >:D

I remember when I was  a kid the first time I saw a possum I thought it was a giant rat, freaked me out a bit. They are nasty critters.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 01:33:08 am »
Recurve, I hate wounding an animal then losing it.  It probably was so much my speed (the rabit was most likely laughing at this old fart jumping through the briar) as it was my determination.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

CodyCoyote

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 03:18:06 pm »
A friend of mine used to kill wooodchucks with pocket knives alll the time, he would get between the hole and the hog and run it down (they arent very fast) and stab it with a knife or hit it with a rock, I shot one when I was 7 with a red rider about 10 feet away in a tree, I shot it about 60 times then he fell and i hit it with a stick.

Offline woodstick

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 08:44:29 pm »
rocks? thats cool. got ant pics. like to see that.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline PeteC

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 08:52:57 pm »
My buddies and I used to have a honey hole for crappie we'd fish every spring when they'd come up the creek to spawn.There was an old bridge bed the fish would stack up on that consisted of good size gravel and rocks.The fish had slowed down for a while and we start seeing all these coots around and noticed how they'd get up and "walk on water",when one of us would get to near them.After a spell,somebody would always chunk a rock at one as he skittered by.That one day I threw but 2 rocks,but downed and killed "graveyard dead" 2 coots at about 25 ft. as they flew by.I'd never done it before and had'nt done it since,and had'nt thought of it before this thread. Thanks for jarring an old memory.  God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas