Author Topic: Sheds found...  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Mechslasher

Sheds found...
« on: August 26, 2009, 10:43:43 am »
on my farm over the years.  the two on the right are special.  the bottom i pulled out of my four wheeler tire, which cost me $38 to repair.  i hunted him for the rest of that year to "recoup" my tire bill, never did run into him.  the top right is one i found last week while planting foodplots.  if you will look at the brow tines, you'll notice they have the exact same shape.  they can't be from the same deer as the bottom is at least four years old so I'm thinking father and son.

the upper left, is one i missed in my compound days.  he was magnificent and cried for a week after that.  i found the shed the next spring 100 yards from my front door.

the bottom three are some babies i have running around.

the top is one i found about 25-30 years ago.  not as many deer back then and it shows in the mass on this shed.

the squares in the tile are about 2.5".

[attachment deleted by admin]
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline sonny

Re: Sheds found...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 09:03:06 pm »
"he was magnificent and cried for a week after that."

what, the deer cried from laughter ??...after you missed it..... ;D
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 09:29:41 pm »
  That would makes some Good horn soup. I see knife handles >:D ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 11:29:24 pm »
Hillbilly loves horn soup.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 11:54:38 am »
I cried for a week.  i had been watching him all summer and hunting him for weeks before i finally got a shot at him.  dang arrow hit a limb and exploded.  he trotted about 50 yards away and started eating acorns.  never saw him again.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 08:04:32 pm »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?