Author Topic: mock scrape?  (Read 4658 times)

Offline terence pinder

mock scrape?
« on: August 23, 2009, 06:00:11 pm »
so has anyone tryed one? and did it work? i bought a bottle of tinks mock scrape at wallyworld yesterday and am going to try it out tommorow after work when i put out my trail cams. any tips?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: mock scrape?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 06:01:53 pm »
Wait til they start scraping. They are just starting to loose the velvet so I'd give it another month.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 11:27:37 am »
Yep, to soon for that. You'll run all the deer off with that type of scent right now. If you want to try a mock scrape save your money and don't buy that crap from walmart. I've had that stuff spook more deer than its ever drawn in. I just dig a spot out in the leaves and pee in it. With in a few hours all urine has the same ammonia type smell to it anyways. I've tested this a few times by peeing in a existing real deer scrape. Almost every time I've done it and came back a day or two later it was torn up and twice the size it was before I peed in it. If you don't believe me try it yourself.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline terence pinder

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 10:04:42 pm »
i know its too early but i did it anyway. i put one mock scrape in front of my moultrie and a bait pile of apples in front of my bushnell.

Offline PeteC

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 07:57:40 am »
I agree with Pat and Ryan,it's way to early.Wait until you see rut activity,then try it.I have had success,but I always make mine near existing scrapes,and the mock scrapes really torque off the bucks.Like Ryan said,you can't really be sure of what your getting when you buy the bottled scent.I had a cow(bovine),come through a fence to get to a scrape I made with bottled scent once.I don't know for sure what is was ,but bull urine would be my guess.Just my opine. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline terence pinder

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 07:33:28 pm »
ya i put it in the same pasture that our heifers are in. i usually put out baits but with the cattle they would have cleaned it up in no time so thats why im trying the scrape idea. im gonna check the camera tommorow afterwork, ill post pics if there is any.

Offline terence pinder

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 11:57:21 pm »
heres a couple bucks eating crab apples. just cow pics at the mock scrape.