Author Topic: creative imagination and the wood  (Read 13854 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: creative imagination and the wood
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2009, 10:43:01 am »
Very well put Mr. Mimms! Could not have done better myself laying it out there.as for Pleading Da 5th Dana.........ain't gunna cut it here!!! Good ole Michigan Ditch Weed....ain't got any growing Season..so it's gotta grow fast and gotta grow strong........ >:D

Puff Puff ..............Pass
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

radius

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2009, 11:31:24 am »
another thing that happens, is that when i start to imagine how something is going to go, but i am nowhere near my tools or materials, my imagination starts to feed me processes and techniques ("i'll do it this way, and then like this...")...i can practically feel my mind extending like a knife into my imaginary material and cutting it.

sculptors say they imagine their artifact in the block, and then chip away the parts that don't belong...this feels the same...

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2009, 03:09:28 pm »
Hey I'm so much in agreement... you've got to find the bow in the wood.
A while back I found some old weathered oak gravel board with a 45degree twist in it...I end up making it into a sculpture of a Deer for Mrs Cat's birthday!
Here it is in the background of this video of me shooting my Hazel (that I thought was Birch :-[ bow)

Assuming the link works
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.