Author Topic: thanks to mojam  (Read 5749 times)

Offline yazoo

thanks to mojam
« on: July 19, 2009, 10:15:59 pm »
I would like to thank all the guys from the club for putting on a great event, and everyone who attended,,enjoyed talking to everyone,, and maybe someone can get word to gary that he was greatly missed , and we hope he recovers quickly,,mike
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

Offline yazoo

Re: thanks to mojam
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 10:19:25 pm »
o yea I almost forgot to thank keith for the cold weather,,maybe he can arrange that for next year,  and also talk to pappy about controlling the weather for the classic next may ;D
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 12:15:42 am »
It will be a cold day at MoJam before Pappy can control the weather at the Classic! ;D
  We need pics!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Timo

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 09:07:14 am »
Greatest weather ever at Mojam. The numbers where down I thought.lots of new faces,and alot of the regulars were absent. I didn't see alot of bows being made,but I was kinda busy with chipping rocks. ;D

I did get a few pics,but mostly of the knappers area.Sorry. I did get a pic of Mikes camp,(just for proof that he was there) ;) Really good to meet you and your Dad, Mike. I hope the crowds were good to ya?

I'll throw a couple more in and probly start a thread on the flintnapping forum with the rest, as they are related more to that. Here is how the melon goes down in MO. ;D And a lil payback music for helping a kid wiith his knapping.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 10:18:42 am »
Great Pics Timo...
Thanks to Tim,Marty and Scott and the rest of the guys at the Knappin' camp. Got some good points, and pointers, as well as my daughter making a good trade of steel for flint...
Next year these guys should be wearing "T" shirts that say: Knappers never sleep.  :)

Had a great time, enjoyed the weather, shooting, scraping, chatting,drinking, eating,auction,eating,drinking and fun visiting around the campfires.

Thanks to Keith, Brad and everyone else who work so hard to put this all together.Can't wait till next year already... ;D

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 12:16:58 pm »
Another thanks from our camp, we had a great time as usual.

The pavillion was still hopping pretty good, David picked up the slack for Gary and did a fine job.

In the demos I learned how to twist cordage, and make copperhead arrows ala Timo's unique staining process.  He wrote an article on it and I hope it shows up in the mag soon.

Bought a cool kid's bow from Loyd Lippert, a neat old Hoyt fletcher, a great spear point from Ralph Conrad, both hickory and dogwood shafts, and of course the wife got one of Butch Spear's Santa carvings to add to her collection.

Got rid of a good deal of homebrew to unsuspecting participants.  Not sure if I drank any myself, but there were only four full pint bottles left out of 28 in the cooler.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 12:26:53 pm »
Another good year.
It was almost a new crowd this year, along with a few Mojam regulars.
I had a great time this year as usual. :)   I didn't get around to doing any flintknapping this year, but did a little bow building and some shooting, right, Tim? :)

It was great to see you folks again.
     Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline mobow

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 05:02:33 pm »
Thanx to you all.  It is true that the sum is greater than the parts.  When it all comes together it is indeed a magical thing.  Lots of new faces this year with all the old faces in the pavillion helping them out.  The bandsaw got a work out for sure as everyone put it through the paces in order to get a bow done by the end of the weekend.  Lots and lots of kids as well.  Had to run a few out of the creek bottom to avoid them getting shot but that is where I would of been when I was 10.  8^).  Look forward to seeing you at Ojam or the Tenn Classic or MOjam next year.  keith

Offline Timo

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 07:26:49 pm »
The cool weather is still hanging around here,ans I am loving it!

Great time had by all,wished I would have takein more pics though.

Sean, I copy that! Maybe next year I'll have that lil horn bow ready for you. ;)

Offline Dano

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 10:01:39 pm »
I wish you woulda took more pictures too.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 10:03:44 pm by Dano »
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 12:24:25 pm »
As usual, it was a blast! Did miss alot of the familiar folks but still a great time...Ohya! Got to shoot Sean's BOM red oak board recurve...SWEET!!!
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....