Author Topic: Another great Issue  (Read 24654 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Another great Issue
« on: July 29, 2009, 07:00:02 am »
Got my new magazine Tuesday and it was as good as they get.I really enjoyed all the articles.Pat's poem was very good and the hunting stories by Chris,Billy,Mickey and Chad you got to love.I also enjoyed the how to by Mickey on sinew. even tho I do that already it taught me some tricks.Steve [Hillbilly] really has a way with word and I always enjoy his stories a lot.I think it was a great tribute to Dr.Grayson and having meet him a couple of time I think he is looking down saying Well done to all. Thanks Ed and all the PA crew for a great issue.  :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Another great Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 08:31:26 am »
Yep, another good one.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 09:15:21 am »
I would have to agree fully! Hillbilly, I truly enjoyed your article and felt as though I was sitting on the shaving horse tagging along word by word. Billy, I really connected with some of your thoughts and reasons for why we hunt primitive and enjoyed your writing. Chris, very nice story on the successful hog hunt and hope you connect on a deer with that proven point! Gotta say I was a little fearful at just the thought of a belly crawl in a kilt around fire ants :o Now I need to find time to finish the rest of this issue ;)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:20:06 am »
I have to agree-- great issue. Really enjoyed the piece by Kay on Dr. Grayson. Steve's Backtrails article was excellent, and I can totally relate to Mickey's article about deer hunting for squirrels---though I am afraid I have to carry more than 2 arrows:) And as always, Marc St. Louis is the man...
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 10:29:06 am »
I agree on Marc,he is a great resource for us here and elsewhere I am sure.Always pick up some good stuff from his tip section.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 11:16:21 am »
I got my copy a few days ago but so far have only been able to read my poem...over and over and over again. I'm amazed by my writing style and imagination! ;D
  I am looking forward to a leisurely bath and some quiet time to get into the rest. I glad to see Mickey's articles. I miss seeing him around. I always enjoys Hillbilly's writings as well as Chad's, Billy's and Chris'. I always enjoy Marc's articles. They very informative and well written.
  With the recent passing of Dr Grayson our community has lost a legend but fortunately his writings and research were well documented and will be with for a long time to enjoy and learn from.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Mickey

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 05:16:55 pm »
Thanks for the kind words Pappy, Chad, Pat.

I WILL make it to the Tenn Classic one of these years I swear.

Been a tough year for me, didn't even make Cloverdale or Mojam. Kind of depressing.

Losing Dr Grayson was a devastating loss to our community. I met him a few years ago, and we became friends  back in 2007, when he let me photograph some of his collection for my little diddy in Bowyers Bible 4. Thankfully he donated all his treaures to the University so at least that much will be preserved forever. Huge loss.  Bert....Godspeed my friend.

Offline Mickey

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 05:22:28 pm »
PS I should have mentioned how much I appreciate the articles and poems y'all contributed.

Obviously by the pictures Chad is a much better shot than I am.  ;)

Pats poem rang so true and Marc's stuff is always enlightening.

Billy's rock heads are awesome, only we have to get him out of that commercial camo and into some proper duds for hunting with stick and stone ha ha

Always a pleasure to see the wood works of art that Pappy makes. I need to see about adding one of those to my collection some day.

Thanks fellas

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 12:50:43 am »
Glad to see you around Mickey. You keep promising the Classic!  I'll believe it when I see it! ;)
  I still haven't had a chance to read the new edition but from the list of authors I will bet it a good 'um!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline billy

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 04:34:26 pm »
Thanks guys for the nice words.  But I STILL haven't gotten my issues yet!!!  I'm not a subscriber...only a contributer, so understandably subscribers get priority, but I still get all ancy and impatient when a new issue comes out because I like to see what new articles are in there! Hopefully my complimentary issues will be arriving soon. Now if the mailman has taken them, I'll just wait in the bushes and the next time I see him I'll turn his little truck over, rip it apart, and kick him straight in his love button! 
Marietta, Georgia

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 07:04:31 pm »
Thanks Mickey, but if I were much of a shot, I wouldn't  have lost nearly two dozen arrows that day.... ;D When I am confident enough to go after squirrels with only two arrows, then I will be much closer to reaching my "potential"...

Billy, it is OK to be a subscriber and a contributor! ....beats waiting for the complimentary issues!!
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Mickey

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 09:42:28 am »
Just read Steve PArkers piece (Not sure if he's on this board) but it's very well written.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 02:29:01 pm »
Mickey, Steve Parker goes by Hillbilly here on PA.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 05:47:53 pm »
 Just got mine and it looks like some dandy articles again. can't wait to settle in for a good read. ;)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 06:19:03 am »
Good to see ya on Mickey,I looked for you in Cloverdale,wound up having to spend time with
Dano instead. ;) ;D ;D   
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good