Author Topic: Southern Community Bow  (Read 199662 times)

bullcreekboy

Re: Southern Community Bow
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2007, 10:39:12 pm »
I have the stave packaged and ready to head to the post office first thing in the morning. I guess tomorrow will be the official kickoff.  ;D

Roger

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2007, 12:05:09 am »
Hey guys...I haven't been able to do much as of late because of my relocation. I would be happy to supply any needed materials but will unfortunately prolly not be much help elsewhere here in Okieland without tools and such. I miss all you guys...let me know if I can help..

Roger

bullcreekboy

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2007, 09:40:18 am »
Roger,
It's good to see you around. I was wondering where you got off to.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2007, 10:06:26 am »
Hey Roger, man it's good to hear from ya!! was getting a little worried. Sounded like your life was getting pretty busy there for awhile. Sounds like you've moved to OK? whereabouts?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Roger

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2007, 11:09:22 am »
I am in Owasso, Ok Living in an apt....sux....LOL Miss my family already

R

Rich Saffold

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2007, 02:57:39 pm »
Hi Roger, I figured you got pulled back into employment :o Hang in there,hopefully it will only be "temporary" ;D wish I could drive what you build..

Rich

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2007, 07:15:23 pm »
I'm just going to watch this project unfold.
 But if I can do anything, let me know.
         Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline cowboy

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2007, 07:50:36 pm »
Well Roger, man your up there a bit. Got a good friend - just bought a couple hundred acres down by the Red River close to Kingston, says he has thousands of bodark's - come cut all you need. I intend to take him up on it, it'd be a couple hundred mile drive for ya - be glad to cut ya in, your phone # still the same?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2007, 07:54:27 pm »
  Hey Cowboy,Nobody has said anything yet.Soo,,you want to knap half the points and I'll do the other half?And if you guy's want I can haft them ,I have plenty of long sinew.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2007, 10:44:03 pm »
yeah Eddie. that'd be fine with me, but how many knapped points are we needing? I thought it was three stone and three trade points total. maybe we could send in a couple apeice for variety?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2007, 10:51:29 pm »
 Heck I don't know.Who's organizing this?Kinda starting out like the battle of Murphreesboro.I thought it was 6 knapped points and 6  field points.I have 3 tradepoints,125 grain made right now.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Dustybaer

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2007, 06:04:28 am »
here's what pat said:

Marius I usually make arrows 29" to 30". The points will be 3 field points and 3 knapped heads. Marius, I guess you have become a Southern RedNeck like us outer Southern boys.
   If anyone wants to help with these sourwood arrows or make points for them or fletch or whatever, let me know and I'll get them to you. If not I'll do them myself.
   If anyone is gonna do cane arrows I have some interesting field points that Kenneth made for cane and I'll send them out to you.
   Looks like this project is coming to life. I'm getting excited!
My home e-mail address is:     marciaandpat@citcom.net    if anyone needs to contact me.     Pat

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2007, 11:57:35 am »
Guys, As I remember from past Community Bow Projects, this is the most difficult and confusing part. Trying to figure out what goes where and who does what. Once this is worked out, everything will calm down and slow down.  Lets be parient! All who are involved and those that want to be involved need to grab a project and let Jamie know. He has started a list.
   I can do either 3 or 6 arrows, all or part of the process. Justin and I have conversed and are heading in the right dirrection but have to wait for bow weight and draw lengths to be derermined before we can build arrows. If Justin wants to contribute 3 of his arrows that's OK with me or if we want 12 alltgether, that's fine too. I think that a lot will depend on the style and appearance of the bow. We want the set to match or at least compliment each other.
   Our last Community Bow was an Eastern Woodland style and thus the arrows and quiver complimented that style, asmatter of fact, I believe at least some of the arrows were of the Cayuga style. This set doesn't have to be a Native American Style or any particular style for that matter. Generally when I make a bow I let the stave tell me what it wants to be. When Pappy gets the guave stave, he can make the decision as to what would be the most appropriate for the stave and the rest of us can agree or not. We will discuss it and come to a concensis.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2007, 12:19:35 pm »
Pat, none of us know who will wind up with the bow at this point.  It is as likely to wind up a wall hanger as a hunting bow. (I know it pains me to say it to.)  Anyway, I think 3 hunting arrows with stone are plenty, and three practice arrows with field points on the odd chance that someone will shoot it.  However I also think that someone from PA should be present at the auction/sale. If nothing else they can buy the set for me so it don't sell to cheap.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2007, 02:29:17 pm »
OK-so Pappy and Greg are gonna tiller the bow out, Skeaterbait's gonna put on tip overlays, and Eddie's doing the finish? Looks like we've still got a couple steps involved. I wouldn't mind doing a handle wrap or something (anything that anybody else ihasn''t already spoken for), if Eddie doesn't already have something in mind? That leaves cleaning up/sanding the bow if somebody wants that job.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.