Author Topic: Northern Community Bow  (Read 142613 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Northern Community Bow
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 11:16:06 pm »
Ok im here. Geeze, been offline coupla days and this thing really took off. Dont no who's doin what but Im in. Ive only built a couple bows but I got some awsome zebrawood, pretty good supply a leather, and a couple a old files that really wanna be knives. I live in Hallsville, Missouri. Right in the middle of the state. Let me know if I can help. Btw you rebel spies, we prefer the term "CARPETBAGGERS" lol.
                    Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 12:56:01 am »
Hey guys, lets everyone sign, date and give your location on whatever part of the project you do. This will show off the community.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Gordon

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 02:43:29 am »
I can do skins and strunk style handle wraps reasonably well if that is useful.
Gordon

Offline Dano

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 12:24:58 pm »
Here's the roughed out stave.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 12:30:37 pm »
Looks like a great start...ahh, where is all our help?
           Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

mnewcomb59

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 01:10:24 pm »
Hey Dano I emailed you about that tube. I don't think we really need it. We could probably get away with using those triangular priority boxes. I have hand tons of stuff shipped to me in them and it was all fine. Last time I shipped a bow in a tube it was 17 dollars because it was odd shaped and light weight compared to its size. I have atube if you guys want to use it, but I think priority boxes would be fine.

Offline mamba

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2007, 03:17:09 pm »
Well Im a yank but can't handle the stress of working on someone elses wood.Not that I've messed up to many bows lately,just wouldn't want this one to be one of them so I must gracefully (chicken ) out.
Ray/NY

Offline white wood

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 03:46:41 pm »
hey everyone! bow is taking shape! looks like a nice clear piece of wood :) let me know what you want me to do, i can work on any part of the bow and have lots of free time to work on it. great job Dano on the rough out. -jesse
Jesse Buzzell
 Gorham, Maine

Offline Dano

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 04:07:14 pm »
Thanks Jesse.

I don't believe it matters what the shipping container is made out of. The over all size it what makes the difference in cost, usually the length. The problem is shipping a 68" bow with enough packing to protect it, I think the tube is well worth the cost of shipping. I'll get a cardboard tube, and plug the ends with plywood, not much cost there.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline white wood

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 04:13:43 pm »
 we should have a list of steps the bow goes through and who is doing them. whos tillering this bow? are we backing this bow with any thing? whos stepping up to the plate next? ill jump in unless theres already an order of whos next. let me know ill help with whatever i can. -jesse
Jesse Buzzell
 Gorham, Maine

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 05:42:26 pm »
Hey Pat, I think it would be nice to keep this thread for talking about the project, and have another with just the pictures and a BRIEF description of the work each person does on the project, arrows, quiver, knife, whatever. No BS on the second just the pictures and description of what was done, kind of a diary for the project. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Dane

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 06:26:12 pm »
Good idea, Justin.

By the way, what is the timeframe for this project? Days, weeks, months? I.e. what is our deadline?

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2007, 07:53:44 pm »
Well it is nice to see this shaping up. Perhaps a list of those that have offered to do something and what they are doing would be in order. That way if there is an opening for something to do somebody can make an offer.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

mnewcomb59

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 08:57:12 pm »
Here is an incomplete list of what we have to. Those marked with an x in the box are already completed. Next to them are who they need to send it to. It might be helpful to include an adress next to them. Those marked with a question mark are ones I am unsure about if they are being done or if they need done. Tell me what names we need to add. This is all I could find. There might be others in the other topic. We can keep a running list.

Look on page 4 for the updated list.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 04:28:00 pm by mnewcomb59 »

Offline white wood

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2007, 09:03:43 pm »
probably wanna do the overlays before sanding and finishing. and also dont wanna but any heads but ryan already called handle wrap and overlays unless he changed his mind. -jesse
Jesse Buzzell
 Gorham, Maine