Author Topic: New Huisache bow, nearly done  (Read 2765 times)

Offline tombo

New Huisache bow, nearly done
« on: August 04, 2009, 11:06:42 am »
I've fought with this wood for 2 weeks and I'm almost done. It isn't perfect but shoots well already. I'm trying to take the last bit of twist out of it now and fine tune the tiller before finishing. 68" x 55# at 30". The stave had 90 degrees of twist after I split it. It lost most of the twist once I worked most of the wood off.

Huisache is hard to work with but I haven't been able to break any yet and it shoots HARD!
Tom

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: New Huisache bow, nearly done
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 11:14:07 am »
Looking pretty good so far,top limb may be a little stiff but other than that can't wait to see it all dolled up.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline tombo

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 12:03:48 pm »
Thanks Pappy. I always appreciate comments from the experienced boyers like you. The first few days of tillering, that top limb was bending too much, now I think I've ran past it with the other limb.   :o  Tom

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 12:06:26 pm »
It ant looking that bad the top just looks a little stiff in the first 1/3 out of the fads.
Nice job.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 12:22:16 pm »
The picture on the tiller stick looks like the right limb is stiff but it also looks like it has some prop twist which
changes how it looks, overall it looks pretty good. One question is that your norman anchor point at the ear?
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline tombo

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 03:40:33 pm »
DanaM...I guess I do yank it back to my ear most of the time. I tend to anchor at my ear lobe or jaw hinge. Depends on the bow of course. Tombo