Author Topic: Multi Fletcher  (Read 6781 times)

Offline Barrage

Re: Multi Fletcher
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 10:46:00 pm »
Hey Kegan, thought you might be interested in this.  This one is pretty similar to the one you made; the major difference is that you can adjust the offset so you can use left or right wing feathers, or make small adjustments for different sized shafts.  Here's some pics...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Travis

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 01:03:30 am »
A really newby question:  What's the difference in spiral and offset fletching?
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Dustybaer

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 02:41:53 am »
great job, kegan.

barrage, how do you get the arrows out, after fletching?  do you have to disassemble every time?

Offline Barrage

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 10:57:12 am »
Hedgeapple, at the end of the day, mostly just the amount of offset.  Helical jigs will have a twist in them though, to account for the wrap around the arrow.

Dustybaer, usually I take off the front piece - it's really quick, especially if I didn't have a 3 foot bolt on it ::).  But if you made the front holes a little bigger, you could just pull them out.  If I were to make another one, I would make the front hole bigger (which I could still do now ;)) and I would consider a method of putting some pressure on the clamps to get better, more consistent feather / shaft contact.  That said, this one works really well and I've been happy with my scrap heap fletcher.
Travis

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2009, 01:35:43 am »

Hey, Kegan was that Mullet heading for his shop?  I think he will have a couple in his shop.  That is a neat idea.  I had been thinking about something like that, but never got around to trying to figure out how to do it.  Now I don't have to figure it out. ;)
Thanks for sharing that. 8)
                                                                                     Wayne

Offline Kegan

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 01:16:14 pm »
Thanks guys :).

Barrage- neat! I was sort of guessing when I tried to get the offset the first time. I'll looking for more clips so I can make anothre set of clamps- this time with a curve in them to get some more helical.

Or maybe just a little sanding, or maybe...

Back to the shop :)