Author Topic: Went out yesterday  (Read 2620 times)

Offline kylerprochaska

Went out yesterday
« on: August 24, 2009, 12:09:47 pm »
I went out to my Grandpa's lake yesterday, tried to squirrel hunt but we didn't find any so we just decided to target shoot instead.  After a few shots one of the fletchings sheared off one of my arrows....I decided to keep shooting the arrow, placing the side with no fletch on my arrow rest and it seemed to work even better than my other arrows.....that arrow seemed to fly straighter, faster and amazingly was more accurate than the arrows with all three fletchings still attatched....is this normal or is it a fluke....cuz Im thinking about purposely doing it to al my arrrows after yesterday...oh we were shooting at about 25 yards with a 15mph cross wind.....Im not sure if this belongs in this section...I just didn't know where to put it.

-Ky
GBR!

Offline kylerprochaska

Re: Went out yesterday
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 01:46:03 pm »
Well it looks like everyone is just as confused about this as I am....Im gonna do a little home experiment on it....three arrows with all the fletching and three arrows with only two fletchings....I'll post pictures of the resuts as soon as I can...

-Ky
GBR!

Offline sailordad

Re: Went out yesterday
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 02:02:07 pm »
ya kyle i heqr ya clucking big chicken

i have some ld arrows that are missing either a piee of one or the whiole fletch and they fly as good or in some cases better that the rest
dont know why either,cant say that i care i just shoot whats in the quiver
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd