Author Topic: Beer Bottle video  (Read 3228 times)

Offline StevenT

Beer Bottle video
« on: August 30, 2009, 09:17:47 am »
I know I have seen the video of working a beer bottem bottle on here somewhere. Not the one that pops up when you google but the one with the pretty girl working the green glass. I was practicing on a couple bottles yesteday and managed to snap one in half and break the corner off another one. Good thing they are easy to come by. Figured I need to watch the video again, just can't find it. I also added another tool to my collection.... box of band aids. That glass gets slick when it gets wet.

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
Re: Beer Bottle video
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 08:06:35 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh7pc2Q6XFI&feature=PlayList&p=DAE3E18F5DAA71B9

If the link don't work, just type in practicalprimitive on youtube.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 08:27:44 pm »
 Super Glue works quicker than band-aids. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 09:39:08 pm »
Cool video. Gonna have to find some bottles. All I ever have around are empty cans. ;)
TJ
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline StevenT

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 10:34:23 pm »
Thanks Madcow, that is the one.

Superglue huh... and I just thought I had all the tools I needed. 

Based on the Redneck jokes.....
You know you are a knapper when.... You pick a bottle of wine based on how flat the bottle bottom is.  ;D

grozierguy

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 11:10:48 pm »
I was just looking at a wine ad in the Sunday paper thinking the same thing on the bottle bottoms.  Now, does anyone have a set of points one fromeach of the colors of Coke glasses that Mickey D's was giving away recently?

Dave (no, not that one, a different one...)

AKAPK

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 03:15:45 am »
A 3/8 drill bit works better to get the bottom out of the bottle :)

Offline StevenT

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 09:58:26 am »
We have a place in Cape Charles, VA that we restored and rent out as a vacation summer rental. After a night of beer and cards with neighbors, I was taking the trash out and remembered the empty bottles. Couldn't let them go to waste, but I didn't have  anything to pop the bottems with. I looked all around and the only thing I could come up with was a 2 1/2 inch dry wall screw. I really didn't think it would work, but since that was all I could find I gave it a try. It took a bit of shaking, but danged if it the didn't work. Popped those bottems out clean. 

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 10:59:58 pm »
i have been working with bottle bottoms recently. dose anyone know what brand of whatever has a pretty flat bottom? all my dad's beer bottles are really curved. the bottoms from the jars of pickles i use to get rid of cramps work best so far. ;D
lets just shoot it