Author Topic: curly maple showcase  (Read 16061 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
curly maple showcase
« on: January 27, 2007, 02:30:06 pm »
Here are a few pics of my artifacts showcase and a few of my artifacts. The little pot has to be my favorite. My aunt give it to us after seeing our display. She got it from a boy friend way back. If she were still alive she'd be almost 90. I believe it came from Texas.
   If more pics are needed I'll take more.    Pat

ps. now that I took the junk off of it, my wife decided I need to really clean it and all around it...so thanks a bunch guys!     LOL

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Agbowyer

Re: curly maple showcase
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 02:41:42 pm »
That's awesome! Thanks for the pics. Sorry about having to keep it clean.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 02:46:51 pm »
It's all your fault Chris.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 02:50:55 pm »
Please forgive me. I won't be able to sleep at night. :'(

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 02:58:22 pm »
  Ah--I liked it with the "junk' on it--looks nice now too-well sort of sterile--yeah, liked the junk and dust-looks to clean now--oh well, Iam rambiling again-blah-balh-blah....................bob 

DBernier

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 11:52:00 am »
JeZZZZZZZZZ!  :o   Pat, it's too bad stuff like this wasen't easly transportable, like to the NC trad bow shoot. ;D  People would die to see stuff like that. ::)  I was thinking of bringing my wagon wheel display but it weighs a TON.  >:(   Will post photos of it soon. Have to actknowledge those that donated to it. It looks cool.

Dick Bernier

Bob S.

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 09:33:22 pm »
I was just looking at your showcase Pat. It's a beauty. Is it something you made yourself? nice looking artifacts too. Are they local finds? A friend got me into artifact hunting several years ago and I'm obsessed with it now. We went out and took a look this afternoon as a matter of fact. The farmers in this area (central ny) are getting into high gear with the field work now, so the hunting is starting to get good.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 09:34:53 pm by Bob S. »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 10:42:27 pm »
Bob, The showcase was made by a friend in Bluffton, SC, where we used to live. It was one of the first pieces out of his new shop sometimes back in the 80's.  Most of the artifacts came from the Bluffton area between Savannah, Ga and Hilton Head Is. SC.  No natural stone down there so every rock you find was brought in. Here in the mountains of NC where we live now there are so many rocks that I have only found a few artifacts in 17 years. :(
I used to spend hours on end looking for artifacts. It's very relaxing work.   Pat

Bob S.

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 11:42:22 pm »
You're friend is a master craftsman Pat. That's a beautiful piece of furniture and the fact that it was made by a friend makes it even better. I'm sorry to hear that the artifacts are scarce where you live. I agree that artifact hunting is relaxing work. I thought one time that if I had ten dollars an hour for all the time I've spent outdoors I'd be a rich man. After thinking about it for a minute I realized that I am.

Minuteman

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 09:24:55 am »
Goodness, thats purty!

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 09:58:37 pm »

Beautiful piece of furniture Pat, and some really nice artifacts as well. I've got a few pretty nice points...but I'm currently displaying them in a shoe box. :)

I pass an area every day going and coming from work that is a high spot in a river bottom where Indians had their lodges. I see people every year after disking and a rain, looking for that shiney flint!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 11:11:52 pm »
We used to hunt for them and would find a good amount in the Texas hill country.  We would come across a spot and they would be all over on particular area. It was fun finding the different pieces.  We found so many it seemed.  Haven't hunted for them in years though.
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

DBernier

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 08:18:00 am »
Marie, oh for the good old days  :'(. Wait these "ARE" the good old days  ;D

Dick

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 09:26:45 am »
Very nice Pat,you show hidden tallant ;D Nice collection of rock also. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 09:56:28 am »
Pappy, the case was made by a friend. My only talent is finding rocks and I get good every once in a while and find an arrowhead. ::)   Pat