Author Topic: One bow game taken?  (Read 2834 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
One bow game taken?
« on: September 17, 2009, 08:05:06 am »
I would love to see the bows and setups of bows that have taken multiple game.  Who has the one bow that has taken the most game?  Does not matter what animal or critter, but the most game taken with the same setup?

Offline billy

Re: One bow game taken?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 11:48:53 am »
I've taken a few critters with my primitive bow and stone tipped arrows.  Actually, I've killed stuff with 3 different bows and arrow set ups.  I definitely haven't killed the most stuff, but I've taken a few off this earth.  I'll post some pics of my stuff when I get home...I'm at school right now....
Marietta, Georgia

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 12:10:43 pm »
Good thread,I use so many different bows it would be hard for me to say but am interested
in how many folks use the same bow and arrow set up for most of the season. I have 4 or 5 bows ready for this years deer/turkey season and most of the arrows that I make will shoot off all of them
so I just pick one up and go depending on how the mood hits me. :) By the way most of the bows I make shoot about a like and weight about the same.  :)
       Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 01:57:22 pm »
I've never taken game(except a marauding squirrel or 2) with my home made stuff. I've hunted exclusively with my own bows and arrows for the last 3 years but haven't had the chance for a shot that I would take. Been close a few times, though. I am way more picky about the shot I take with my homemade gear, especially with stone heads(others make these for me) because I have no personal experiences to compare with...but the longer it takes, the closer I am to getting my shot!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline woodstick

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 02:15:09 pm »
well said pat the longer u hunt the better ur odds get.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 02:49:06 pm »
I have one bow, "few indeed", an all bamboo flooring bamboo backed bow and cane arrows that I took a nice eight point and two does with last year.  All were from the ground and as close as 11 yards for the eight point.  I have a new bow this year that is really shooting good for me, but I have it in the back of my mind to use "few indeed"  Such decisions.  This should be a good thread to see who is partial to one set up for everything.

Offline Otis

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 07:38:44 pm »
I have Pappy's Second Chance bow and a head Leapinegbare made for me this year for deer season, I want up close and personal with the critter.  It will be the absolutely best kill ever if this comes together until I finish the bow Pappy helped  me get started.  I cannot wait for the moment. I do love hunting and harvesting deer,but, getting one with primitive bow is the best!!  I hope to make Pappy proud!
                                                                                                  David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 09:01:10 pm »
 David, just like waiting till you can spit on that bird. ;D ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 09:02:45 pm »
  I've got several bows and like Pappy, grab the one I feel like using.  I'll post pictures of my favorite, go to bow tomorrow.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PeteC

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 08:00:43 pm »
Same here ,I've got several set-ups I use,but for sheer numbers,my 10 year old osage,"Miracle",has it hands down.yes ,she's taken whitetail deer,and small game,but she's brought me hundreds of tilapia over the years,and a lot of good family times with fish fries. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas