Author Topic: 1st bow hunt  (Read 1818 times)

Offline chasing crow

1st bow hunt
« on: September 22, 2009, 09:33:13 pm »
Well, I just got out for a few hours with my osage self bow. Boy did it feel good to be in the woods with bow and quiver. All new experience. Squirrels were really moving. After about 15 minutes of waiting for a shot at a busy fox squirrel, 3 deer came within 30 yards and poked around for a few minutes, then moved on to the west. A few minutes later they came back to me. Came within 15 yards. Walked back to the west and continued on. Just as they headed out of sight, a squirrel gave a quick "bark" behind me, As I turned my head and looked up, there he was just behind me overhead about 15 feet up. I turned my upper body , akwardly I might add, and let fly my very first hunting shot with a bow! Just missed left. Pulled a second arrow and loosed it, just missed again. I couldn't believe it, I was actually able to nock, turn to my left and fire a third arrow. It was so close I think I shaved him! Well, I found 2 of my arrows, third still to reappear. and headed home. What a fine couple of hours in the woods. Deer season starts this weekend. Maybe.............
Chasing Crow   
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 1st bow hunt
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 11:56:37 pm »
I haven't had that much activity for a while. ;) Sounds like a very successful day in the woods. Being able to have deer that close and getting 3 shots off at squirrels, each better than the one before...a successful hunt. I guess your only prize was the feeling you got!   Usually good enough! ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 05:38:09 am »
Cool story,nothing like bow hunting,you are really hooked now.Shoot straight this weekend,deer are a much bigger target than a squirrel.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 10:01:56 am »
man im going insane waiting on season to open.  :-X
lets just shoot it