Author Topic: Squirrel hunting....  (Read 1813 times)

Offline billy

Squirrel hunting....
« on: September 23, 2009, 01:46:45 am »
I went out this evening and had a bunch of close encounters with squirrels.  I figured that all that rain we've been having would have kept the squirrels hunkered down, and since this was the first nice evening in a few days I was hoping the squirrels would be out.  They were.

I brought 4 arrows and shot every one.  I never got a squirrel, but I got really close.  The squirrels really didn't seem alarmed at my presence, even though I was walking around quietly.  I had two squirrels come within 15 yards of me but didn't get a shot at them because I was fiddling with the damn video camera and trying to get it set up.  But the 4 shots that I did take, I got on video.

It was fun anyway, even though I didn't get anything.  They closed down my university again due to the flooding, so I won't have to go to class or work.  I figure I'll go back out and try again tomorrow.  Maybe I'll get lucky.  I'll keep ya'll posted!
Marietta, Georgia

Offline n2everythg

Re: Squirrel hunting....
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 10:07:14 am »
sounds like a blast. wish they would close my work so I could go hunting... ha
luck to you.
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline ballista

• freedom isnt free
Re: Squirrel hunting....
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:02:00 pm »
 i fell youre pain billy  ;) so far this season i've shot 2 grays and a red, got some pics on my camra phone- those were also with the .22 though. i shot one with a judo point (longbow) and hit right behind the ribcage swear to god. fell out of the tree, ran back up. last time you'll see me with damn blunts, i've shot two rabbits and had similar problems- the reason i bring it up is i thought billy mentioned some usage of blunts, not sure if ya liked em or not. happy huntin - jimmy
Walk slowly, with a big stick. -Ted Rosevelt.