Author Topic: RESIZIN' PICTURES  (Read 34030 times)

726whk

RESIZIN' PICTURES
« on: January 30, 2007, 11:12:04 pm »
 I TRIED POSTIN' SOME PICS BUT GET A MESSAGE THAT THEIR TO BIG. I'M A CAVEMAN AT THIS STUFF SO PLEASE EXPLAIN IN LAYMENS ( CAVEMANS) TERMS. I GUESS I NEED TO MAKE THE PICS SMALLER SOMEHOW. RIGHT NOW THEIR ON MY DESKTOP ....SO HOW DO I MAKE 'EM SMALLER ?

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

Re: RESIZIN' PICTURES
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 11:25:22 pm »
.... If you have paint on your desktop go to it and then go to attributes in image and resize try resizing them to 640x640--see if it works--trust me Iam a caveman at this also, try lower cas when you post messages so you dont sound like youre shouting........................bob

mnewcomb59

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 11:46:39 pm »
640 x 640 will throw them out of proportion. Go with 640 x 480 to maintain the original proportions and not make the pictures look stretched.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 01:19:27 am »
After many frustating years and blurry pics I finally figured if I set my camera at the lowest quality picture setting the pics will come out 640x480. Just right for posting. It works on both of our dig cameras. Both are HP but 2 differant models.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 09:01:15 am »
Pat, you can usually control the size and quality seperately on the camera, you should be able to take 640 x 480 pics that are still good resolution. 726whk, most computers have some kind of photo software on them. When you open the pic, your computer probably uses this software to display it. When you click on the "edit" or "image" tab near the top of the screen, there should be a "resize" option.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 11:29:26 am »
Steve, I tried those things over the years and never got good pics for the PA site. I had no prob e-mailing pics, just posting them on PA. Making the adjustment with the camera solved it. The software that came both of my HP cameras has "resize" options but I could not get a clear pic when I used it for resizing the pics for PA.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

726whk

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 01:55:30 pm »
sorry about the caps guys....old habit cause it's easy for me to read and pick out my stuff from everybody else's, never figured it to mean i was yellin'. Ok i went to "paint " and did what kowechobe said to do but then what? how do i save that setting?

726whk

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 02:04:16 pm »
well i played with it some more and i still can't get it done. also when i try to make a post, i click on preview and ....no pictures. These da$# contraptions just frustrate the heck outa me !!!!

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 02:06:19 pm »
  726wk--when you do the resizing in paint, do as others said resize to 640 width x480 height. Then you should see something that says APPLY or ok--press that. That should reset any new pics you put on to 640x480--seewhat happens.........bob

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 02:09:02 pm »
  Put your pics in My Pictures on your desktop--try putting a new one in and see when you hit preview if it comes up ?.bob

726whk

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 02:09:15 pm »
when i do that does the picture i want to resize need to be up on the screen ?

726whk

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 02:18:06 pm »
alright...i don't have much hair left but i'm fixin' to pull the rest of it out !!!!  I put the pics in "my pictures" on my desktop and then clicked on one to open it up then i went to paint , image, attributes , changed the numbers to 640 and 480 then clicked on ok. but when i clicked on properties the size of the picture said it was bigger , what the %$#^ !!! i know this can't be that hard. what am i doin' wrong ??

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 02:20:01 pm »
  If you resized, the puter will do it for you--you dont have to resize each picture--like I said try a new one--it should automatically be resized yo 640x480--you willsee it on bottom of pic.......bob

726whk

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 02:22:33 pm »
What do ya mean try a new one ? you mean take another picture with a digital camera or just another one  in my files on the computer ?

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 02:26:10 pm »
 Try another one in your files in the puter.If that dosent work take another pic--anything will do, all you want to see is the size............bob