Author Topic: Tell me what I encountered  (Read 6866 times)

Offline kayakfisher

Re: Tell me what I encountered
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 08:35:41 pm »
No that looks like are Bob cats that we have down here , I really dont know if it was a lion or not . head  stayed in line with body ,they way cats do when there focused on something ,grey colored ,long tail hung dow hind qaurters had that curve or hook in the end with black band. When it flicked its tail iside to side it was more the curve or bottom portion that it flicked  around i. When it turned iaway it walked a few steps on the trail  befor going into woods had what looked like muscular shoulders kinda rolled them side to side and had that paw ,paddle or flip cats do when they walk.
                         Dennis                         
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline sailordad

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 09:00:01 pm »
now that DEFINATLY sounds like a mt lion to me
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

brokenhand

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 09:09:45 pm »
     I used to live in webster county ouside of seymour. had fifty acres for five years. saw mountain lion tracks on three occations, and saw a young lion once, so their around. The only other thing would be some exotic cat escaped from the many animal parks in that area....Brokenhand....Aho.

Offline WVFishFearMe

• Pamunkey
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 11:52:17 am »
Sounds like a young bobcat except for the longer tail. I've never seen a young cougar.
For sure, young bobcats are gray. For sure, bobcats have the black ring near the tip.
To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as large as required.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 12:11:50 pm »
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 02:02:43 pm »
How about like this David.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 02:08:20 pm »
BTW, young lions are about the same buff color as older cats. The big difference is the black markings or darker spots on the fur. As they get older, up to two years, the spots on the back fade leaving only the spotting on the lighter colored belly and inside of the legs.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 09:28:24 pm »
Actually the profile fits more of D tillers picture , the only thing is it was a dusky or bluish grey , could not make out the exact faicil features . It was faceing straight at me with its head inline like that picture. I will be going back out this weekend there should be some tracks if this rain hasn't washed them out, I will take camera with me this time if it is still in the area. Conservation Dept did confirm there was one killed by a car in Christian county thats the next county over. I am begining to think it was a lion played with D tillers picture this is pretty close but with a little more gray in it
                                                                                          Dennis

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 09:51:39 pm by kayakfisher »
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 07:53:35 pm »
I watched the show on monster quest and they showed pitchers of jaguars in texas and they said they moving back into the states they used to be native to us but were hunted out in the 1800's
bryan irwin