Author Topic: Trail cam pics  (Read 4934 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Trail cam pics
« on: October 12, 2009, 12:08:00 am »
Here are a few pics I got on my trail cam lately. I mostly see does(probably the same one) and her young but we have a few other visitors. This is over a salt lick I've maintained for probably 15 years. I usually put a brown livestock block(50#) or two out each winter after hunting season in this area along a perennial trail. I have changed the location a few times at this salt lick so the back ground may look different.

This is Flossy or one of her daughters

one of our famous Brevard white squirrels

a curious coydog

and a nice 2 to 3 year old buck.

I generally see the does and yearlings throughout the day but rarely see the bucks. Only their rutting sign but usually only after our season is out in mid Dec.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
Re: Trail cam pics
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 12:09:17 am »
Sweet!! That tree rat is cool looking..

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 12:11:16 am »
It amazes me that the hawks and owls don't have a field day with the white squirrels, David. Maybe they think they are ghosts of meals past!  :o
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 12:14:28 am »
Maybe?? I think they would make good silencers...lol...

Badbill

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 12:58:24 am »
A famous Brevard white squirrel! ;D If I remember correctly you can't hunt them.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 01:10:48 am »
Maybe not in town! >:D

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 02:55:55 pm »
hey pat,  i'll loan you my live trap to catch me a couple of those white squirrels to turn loose on the farm.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline BearG

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 02:58:10 pm »
Cool thanks for sharing Pat
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 08:41:59 pm »
Pat,

That sure is cool!!!  Glad I looked at this thread!  Never seen a white squirrel before.  Cost a fortune to set up a camera like that?

Rand
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 10:12:55 pm »
$50 at Wally World, Rand...oh and batteries are extra. 4 "C" cells.
   Someone brought a pair of white squirrels here way back and they escaped. They are all over town and the Brevard College campus but only in the last 4 or 5 years have they come the 10 miles out of town to my place. You'd think the red tailed hawks would have a field day.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 08:49:51 pm »
Just recovered these Pictures tonight.....too bad they are all after Dark!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 09:01:08 pm »
$50 at Wally World, Rand...oh and batteries are extra. 4 "C" cells.

Pretty good pictures, what model of camera? How far away from the camera were the deer?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 09:00:34 pm by Justin Snyder »
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 08:29:44 pm »
Hey Pat,

That is so cool...so 50 bucks for what sets me up?  I am more than willing as I live here in the boonies and would love to see what wonders by at night!  Sat out last night waiting for a deer to wander by...sure was pretty out there...while out there I was thinking back about the Native Americans who used to hunt the land where i was sitting on my seat...wondered if my wife's granddad who raised hogs here in the 30's to the 50's sat out at night looking for the same deers great grandparents...just wondering....

Anyway...so what kind of camera do I look for?

Rand
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 10:02:57 pm »
Pat: First post you've started in a while, that I remember anyway. Thanks for the pict's - makes me wanna git out there. Wish I had a camera at my feeder - whatever it is seems to empty it (55 gallon drum of corn) once a month. Most likely coons and skrills spinning the plate. I need to get out there with some kind of weapon cause eight dollars a sack of corn adds up after awhile :-X.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 11:44:29 pm »
Rand, $50 plus 4 "C" cell batteries and a the SD memory card. The camera I got is a WildGame s 1.3 Digital Scouting Camera.  It is a 1.3 mp digital camera(they make other higher mp models too)  with an SD memory card. You can use the card to download pics into your computer or plug the camera into your computer via USB cable to retrieve pics. This one is easy to operate. You can set it for day, night or 24hour, and to take a pic every 30 seconds, every minute or every 2 minutes.
  Paul, I haven't had much to share lately via. I'm here every day but sometimes just for a quick look through.        I haven't been out hunting at all this year or built a bow in quite a while.  Too much other crap happening. ::)