Author Topic: Smithsonian articles are finished!!  (Read 7167 times)

Offline billy

Smithsonian articles are finished!!
« on: October 08, 2009, 11:48:08 pm »
Hey everyone,

I sent the last Smithsonian article to Ed the other day, so they are finished and sent and just waiting to be published.  I don't yet know when the series will begin...I think it all depends on when they have enough room in the first available mag.  Some of the articles are very photo-heavy, with almost 40 pictures!  Whew!  The photos of the bows are actually a composite of two photos (each photo shows 1/2 of the bow) and I joined them together using photoshop.  I did this so the photos could be enlarged and would show maximum detail.  I also have close-ups of bow tips, arrowheads, fletching, and paint designs.  I included acquisition dates, length and width measurements, etc.  There is a lot of information contained in these articles.  I can't wait to see them in the mag and I hope you all enjoy them.

Marietta, Georgia

Offline boo

Re: Smithsonian articles are finished!!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 11:53:23 pm »
Excellent man, I cant wait. Thanks a ton for doing this, we will all benefit from it in sure. I bet you were in awe the whole time . 
Boo

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 12:38:22 am »
Congratulations on completing the articles. You humped it on these and got them knocked out quick! I am also looking forward to reading about what you got to experience.  8) ..and sitting around a camp fire with you and discussing it all with you. ;) 8) 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Traxx

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 12:59:00 am »
Lookin foreward to it.

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 05:32:22 pm »
looking forward to seeing the results of all your hard work brother... fascinating to me that you take the time to educate fellow brothers and sisters of the bow through your articles and your research is always spot on.. ... good on you bro... Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 12:13:04 am »
hey billy,i want to say thanks so much for doing the hard work...i really dont know how you do it and i cant wait..them i cant wait for any artical that you write..john

Offline PeteC

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 07:42:43 pm »
Lookin' forward to it Billy.I enjoyed your past articles. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 08:10:42 pm »
awesome can't wait for them to come out!!!!  Thanks for all the hard work you put into this project.  I bet it was a blast working on it too!   :)  -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline billy

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 08:52:34 pm »
Thanks guys!  I hope you all like them! 
Marietta, Georgia

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 09:21:32 pm »
I'm really looking foward to these articles.  I can only imagine the amount of work that went into the research and the writing.  I really do enjoy all of the articles that you are writing for the magazine.
Traverse City, MI