Author Topic: woot my first point  (Read 1752 times)

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
woot my first point
« on: October 21, 2009, 10:46:20 am »
well i finally made a small point its a little lopsided but i did it :). i was hoping that my first would have been made from rock but next time i guess. lol i found a broken beer bottle bottom so i tried to make it and i did. :) hope yall like and plz let me know how i did and give some pointers also so i can improve ttyl

sterling

[attachment deleted by admin]
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline DanaM

Re: woot my first point
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 11:01:44 am »
For a first it ain't bad :) My advice is keep on keeping on and pay attention to what happens when you do something either good or bad.
Also get on youtube and watch some videos or attend a knap in and get some first hand lessons :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 11:23:01 am »
thanx will do :)
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 11:40:20 am »
Good advice from Dana there. Main thing is to get with someone that can show you some tricks and those utubes are mighty helpfull too. A good book is the art of flintknapping by DC Waldorf - sells for about fifteen bucks. With a little help and "tonage" you'll be making fine points in no time. That one is fine for starters but you need to learn how to run those flakes a little past center or better for thinning.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.