Author Topic: Shortest Possible Wood Bow?  (Read 6376 times)

Rhinegold

Re: Shortest Possible Wood Bow?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 06:21:54 pm »
the bark backed bow is 1.5" at the fades and the second bow is 1.25" at the fades. The second bow is not backed.
Can you say why you deflexed the grip on your second bow pictured. I noticed it doesnt go flat at full draw like a Korean bow...so was it just for aesthetics???

The limbs must be very thin...with a very slight taper!

Shadow Walker

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 06:56:08 pm »
it was just an experiment. A miscalculation in tillering due to a stubborn knot, so I coulndn't get it bending any more near the fades or I would have lost too much weight. Still, it held up and is quite a snappy shooter! I will make another soon, but more authentic. I really like the setback handle and the overall design seems to be faster than ant other bow I've made yet. When I make my good one, I will sinew back it though. That design puts a lot of stress on the limbs!

Offline Jmilbrandt

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 06:57:24 pm »
Ok so I got some pictures of my juniper bow. It is 33" long 50# at 19" anf 1"1/2 wide. I thought that the 24" I was saying before sounded really long ::). So here are a few pics.

[attachment deleted by admin]
SW Utah

Offline Jmilbrandt

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 07:02:04 pm »
Sorry that's the only drawn picture I have it blew up just a few minutes ago while I tried to get another one.
SW Utah