Author Topic: Red Oak and Maple Backed Bow  (Read 9962 times)

vtclimber

Re: Red Oak and Maple Backed Bow
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 10:02:57 pm »
Awesome. I have a bunch that I cut and sealed about 3 years ago for furniture and instruments (makes a great guitar as well). I'll have to start shaping some out although I will have to splice two pieces as everything I cut was around 4x2 by 4' (After checks were removed). Shouldn't be a problem there though. I gotta say this is a fantastic site. Lot of good info!

Dave

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 11:50:41 am »
Hard to tell if its a good looking bow from the full draw. Too much visual noise in the background. I'll use the FD for BOM unless a better one heads my way.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

vtclimber

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 12:03:51 pm »
OldBow- I am going to try and get a camera this weekend. Not sure if I could get the pick there in time or not, but I'll see what I can do.

Offline Kent D.

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 05:21:16 pm »
Wow, curly maple for a backing.  Impressive.  I would assume curly maple would have to crazy of grain for a backing.  Good job.

vtclimber

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 06:02:19 pm »
So far the currly has held up (young in life though). It was all I had for maple so.....run with what you got and figure out later if it will work lol. The pictures really don't do it justice....darn I need a camera!!