Author Topic: Shoulder pain on release???  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Joey V.

Shoulder pain on release???
« on: October 27, 2009, 02:02:44 pm »
Hi all,

Something real strange happened over the past few days of shooting.  I began shooting my recurve bow a lot over the past couple week.  Now I haven't shoot this thing since I was 25ish and am now 37.  My bow shoulder started to hurt at night when I was laying down and just keeps getting worse.  By bow shoulder I mean the arm you hold the bow with not the string hand LOL.  I stopped shooting the bow for a few days and the pain subsided so I thought maybe just needed some reconditioning thats all.  Now this is the strange part, I began shooting again and when I release the string that is when the pain hits me...  No pain at all on the draw or the hold just the release.  Does this happen to anyone else?  I am worried this might be the end of my recurve shooting in the future. :(

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Shoulder pain on release???
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 02:26:40 pm »
You probably strained your shoulder from so much shooting. Give it a good rest and start back up gradually as long as you have no more pain. If the pain continues, see a doc about it before you cause serious problems.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

Re: Shoulder pain on release???
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 05:03:25 pm »
 Exactly as Pat said,been there done that,,,,,,rest it start back slowwww. if painful,,,,,don't push it