Author Topic: got meat  (Read 3705 times)

Offline woodstick

got meat
« on: November 01, 2009, 01:26:53 am »
i did it with a smoke pole it was a 85# doe this morning had to drag her bout 100 yards not a good thing to do after haveing knee surgery monday. gona make some good summer sausage. i also picked up bout 40 pieces of leg tendons from the slaughter house today.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline boo

Re: got meat
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 10:05:05 am »
Congrats on the fine eats, Our season dont open up for a few weeks yet, but im looking forward to hunting with the old flinter again. You have any pictures?
Boo

Offline woodstick

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 10:10:41 am »
na i didnt take any took her straight tio the slaughter house.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 11:26:39 am »
Slaughterhouse....whats that!!  I have brought one to a Processor...and when I got the Puny little Box back....that was the end of that!! I bought everything to do it myself....Grinder...Slicer....Tenderizer....and let Me tell you what...You get what you paid for too.... Any ways...good Shooting....I know how You Okies are with a Bow....... :o I used to Shoot the Tri - State Shoots every Year!

Got a question for You Guys though....I have been making Sausage for Years from Venison...but I have never made Summer Sausage....only Breakfast and Ring Sausage...got any good Recipes?? If so...I posted a Thread for them in the "Anything Else" category.....thanks....and Happy Hunting
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 11:28:29 am »
Good shooting Tim...now go get back in your chair with your leg elevated.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 05:17:10 pm »
blackpowder? good to hear youll be eatin this winter
Modern Day Tramp

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 06:18:36 pm »
nice job man. your doing better than me. i seen 3 this year, and all of em were when i was skwirl hunting.
lets just shoot it

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 06:45:55 pm »
 Congratulations, Tim. I got a doe this morning myself with my smokepole. She was 90# and I missed her at 8yds and then got her at 45. She came back after the first shot and brought two friends, but they were smaller.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline woodstick

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 08:24:13 pm »
i take care of my own deer just not summer sausage and tuckers put cheese and peppers in it, it is real good and my kids luv it.