Author Topic: North American Flute  (Read 6891 times)

Offline whip

North American Flute
« on: November 04, 2009, 02:28:03 am »
Does anyone make or play flutes on this site. Thanks Whip

Offline medicinewheel

Re: North American Flute
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 03:05:52 am »
Yes, Catahoula does.
I'm about to trade one, too. Since I'm a pro woodwind player I should learn it quick, then maybe we could found the PA NA flute choir... Just brainstorming...  ;D ;D ;D
Frank from Germany...

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 06:10:36 am »
There are several, but Catahoula is a professional.  I have made a lot of them over the years and my daughter played my flute at her daughter's wedding! 

Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline whip

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 05:02:18 pm »
Wow thats cool I am glade yall are interested in the flute.  I am learning to play and have built a few but haven't got it down quiet yet. I built my dad a NAF style flute. He was in the hospital at the time. I was going to put it on a stand of ceder base and cradled in deer horns. I was going to place it in his room  to cheer him up. He was in a coma at the time. I didn't get to give it to him because he passed away on Tuesday morning. I am trying to finish it to place next to his casket on Friday. I will give it to my Mother to place in her home. I will post pictures of it when I get finished. Thanks Whip

Lombard

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 06:45:53 pm »
Might you do a build along? I for one would be interested.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 06:52:09 pm »
I have one of Catahoula's(Rand) flutes. He builds beautiful branch and walking cane flutes
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC