Author Topic: The passing of Roy King  (Read 5687 times)

Offline Phil Rees

The passing of Roy King
« on: November 09, 2009, 05:39:16 pm »
It is with the deepest sadness and regret  that I have to inform you of the passing of bowyer Roy King
Roy was without a doubt the finest bowyer of his generation and his ground breaking work with the Mary Rose Trust popularised the use of the medieval long bow.
He was a man of outstanding talent and generosity and many will mourn his passing

God bless you Roy

Offline adb

Re: The passing of Roy King
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 05:44:15 pm »
I didn't know the man personally, but he sounds like someone I should have met, and would have enjoyed. To all those who were close, my condolances.

Offline bow-toxo

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 07:04:22 pm »
It is with the deepest sadness and regret  that I have to inform you of the passing of bowyer Roy King
Roy was without a doubt the finest bowyer of his generation and his ground breaking work with the Mary Rose Trust popularised the use of the medieval long bow.
He was a man of outstanding talent and generosity and many will mourn his passing

God bless you Roy

I'm sorry to hear that. I corresponded with him back in the 70's and am one who mourns his passing.

Erik

Yewboy

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 10:14:11 am »
I only met Roy on 3 or 4 occassions and am very saddened by this news.

R.I.P Roy.

Offline ratty

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 11:34:08 am »
very sad  news  :(

my thoughts are with his family.

Offline jb.68

• Ancestral Archer
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 06:07:28 pm »
A great loss, not only the man, but the knowledge, experience and skill that he has taken with him.

God bless you Roy.

Rod

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 08:06:29 am »
 I remember meeting him at the Meriden Clout where I enjoyed his company. He will also be remembered for his lifelong interest in flight shooting at which he was an expert.

Rod.