Author Topic: Spot Light  (Read 8793 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: Spot Light
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 04:11:45 pm »
Meet Tyler,
  This is His first Primitive hatchet and first time doing real sinew.  I met Tyler several years ago and he was real intrested in primitive ways, We sat and I showed him the basics of Knapping. He was like a kid in a candy store and left with some obsidian, tools and a new found intrest.    Then a few months later was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer. He was told he had maybe 6 months to live.They did a surgery, that the doctors said, very few people even survive. He's had a rough road and at times it's been hard for him and there have been many times when he's  wanted to just give up. 
 I wanted to spot light Tyler because I'm very thankful that he's still here and sharing some of his dreams.  This is one of them, to build a tomahawk for his mom, so here he is just after his first sinew session. He is planning on doing a carving on the handle and giving it to his mom on her birthday in a few weeks.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:30:18 pm by Keenan »

Offline DanaM

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 08:15:52 pm »
Glad to hear that Tyler is still with us, sounds like he has a rough road to travel. Hoping he defies the odds and continues with
his pursuit of the primitive skills. Thats a nice looking hawk, hope he gets to carve the handle. I will say a prayer for him Keenan
and give him our best wished eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Keenan

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 11:05:10 pm »
Thanks Dana, I'll pass it on to him. He doesn't have a computer but I sometimes show him stuff on here and I'm sure He's going to be stoked to see his pic and read your reply.  ;)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 12:59:13 pm »
Cool Hawk,tough luck but he looks like a tough guy,tell him to hang in,the docks ant always
right.I will keep him in my payres also.I know him mom will love that,very nice and from the
heart.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good