Author Topic: Trail Camera  (Read 9747 times)

Offline whip

Trail Camera
« on: November 15, 2009, 11:32:46 am »
What kind of trail camers do you guys use if any. You would be suprised of what you have walking through your place. I got one from Walmart for $50 bucks don't know how good it is only took a picture of me so far and trees. Going to check it next days off. Whip

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Trail Camera
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 12:05:17 pm »
Whip, that is the same camera I have. It is a bit funky at times but overall, for the money it ain't bad. I have to resize my pics first but I will post a few I retrieved from my camera a little later.
Even though I've lived here for almost 20 years and am in the woods daily I am still surprised of what I've seem on my camera.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 12:46:41 pm »
Here are a few pics I took since I bought the camera a month or so ago...

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 05:57:05 pm »
Whip..... I have Wildveiw and Stealth CAms....I like them both....they are all 5 Megapixel Cameras
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 06:22:41 pm »
This cam is a 1.3 mp  ;D

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 07:23:53 pm »
5 Mega-Pixel Pictures.....Makes the deer Look Bigger too........... >:D

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline woodstick

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 07:59:42 pm »
i use a stealthcam ive had alot of pics and good long batterie life.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 12:21:48 am »
The Stealthcam I had was 35mm and a piece of crap.

Offline NTD

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 08:53:41 pm »
PatB, is that a white (leucistic) squirrel in one of those pics?  Have you been able to see it in person?  Neat looking critter.
Nate Danforth

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 11:39:17 pm »
These white squirrels are originally from Europe I believe and were brought to Brevard long ago. They are all over town and within the last 4 or 5 years we have had a few out at our home  about 10 miles out of town.  They are not albino but solid white except the ones that were the product of the whites and grays.  I'd bet if you Googled "White Squirrel", Brevard, NC would come up. It is our claim to fame. ;D

Offline NTD

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 11:45:40 pm »
LOL I did google it.  Perty neat and yep leucistic as I thought. 

"For $25 per year, you can adopt your own white squirrel. You can select a boy or a girl and you will receive a Certificate of Adoption, a photo, and two letters per year from your squirrel"  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :o  ;D ::) and ya cant hunt em either...shucks...

Nate
Nate Danforth

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 12:21:41 am »
not in town you can't! ;D I live 10 miles out of town and am surrounded by lots of woods. ::)
 I gave WolfWatcher a tail last year at the Tenn Classic for fly tying.

Offline NTD

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 12:23:21 am »
 ;D Ah ok.  Neat looking critters that's for sure.
Nate Danforth

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 01:18:11 am »
They are cool looking in the woods. I wonder why the red tail hawks, etc don't eliminate them. Maybe they are spooked thinking they are ghosts of meals gone by! ;D  Some of the hybrids with the gray squirrels can be interesting too.

papasickle

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 08:10:47 pm »
Mine is a bargain basement, clearance item but it still works. Really, really foggy here awhile back but I found my hidey hole by the flashing of the camera.

[attachment deleted by admin]