Author Topic: What a thrill but could not seal the deal.  (Read 2567 times)

Offline part Cherokee

• aNiKaWi
What a thrill but could not seal the deal.
« on: November 14, 2009, 07:50:08 pm »
Well,
 I came with in 18 yards of a spike buck today but couldnt get a shot do to the brush.
I was hunting with my buddy Chris who hunts with a compound and from a tree stand.
The spike came in through thick brush right in front of me about 6:30 and my heart was thumpin
and i was panting for breath. The deer got with in 18 yards of me and stopped and then looked up and to his right where my buddy was positioned 50 yards away and in a stand. The deer saw him and bolted. Man!!! What a thrill,another 3 steps and it wouldve been backstrap city. I know what you are thinking why hunt with someone so close. Well it was kinda a guided hunt Chris my buddy was telling me about this spike he passed on twice and i was like ill take him so he was along for the ride unless a bigboy showed up.
It was a blast and i thought it was funny that he spotted him in a tree stand 50 yards away and never saw me when i was 18 yards in front of him and on the ground behind a pine tree sitting on a bucket. lol
Great day!!!
 I saw him about 35 yards away yesterday but that was out of range for me. He is a predictable lil fella always comes out around the same spot and close to the same time.
wado
Matt
OsiYo Tsalagi

Offline JustAim

Re: What a thrill but could not seal the deal.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 08:39:00 pm »
Yep, l've had that happen to me a couple times this year...but its still one heck of a rush. Good luck next time.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 11:17:37 pm »
good experience man. glad to see you enjoy being out therend seein them and not mad bout not making a kill. right on
Modern Day Tramp

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 11:49:52 pm »
 Get you a small grunt call that will fit in your mouth for archery shooters. It might make the difference.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline part Cherokee

• aNiKaWi
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 09:38:28 am »
Osiyo guys,
 Im gonna give it a couple weeks and go back. By then the rut should be getting started or close to it, i hope,it was last year.
He said there is a nice 6 pointer in the area also but when he saw it he could'nt get a shot off.
My dad told me i need to find the right deer for me. I said the right deer for me is the first one i see that gets with in my comfortable kill range. I need some meat in the freezer.
 I still love being in the woods even if you dont see anything or make a kill. In the woods i'm   Unegv Tsula   Tsalagi warrior hunting for awi. Its a getting back to my roots type thing,seeing what my ancient ancestor had to do to survive. I respect them so much.
 Plus there is so much supplies out there lol.
Wado
Unegv Tsula
OsiYo Tsalagi