Author Topic: New Bow Finished - Need help posting Pics!!!  (Read 1959 times)

Offline barebo

New Bow Finished - Need help posting Pics!!!
« on: December 07, 2009, 06:50:25 am »
I took some pics of my latest selfbow, and I need to "shrink" them down. I've tried to post them , but the site says that the images are too big. It says under 200kb, and mine are all around 350. Can someone give me a brief idea of how to edit them smaller.
I really want to show my bow here, as it's my first backed bow, and medicinewheel and sulphur really gave me some good advice!!!

Offline woodstick

Re: New Bow Finished - Need help posting Pics!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 11:10:45 am »
photobucket is the only way i can post pics, but iam from oklahoma so it is redneck friendly.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
Re: New Bow Finished - Need help posting Pics!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 01:30:07 pm »
This PA site is a powerful, useful utility.
To post your bows:
Proceed to the forum called Bows under the main discussion area.
Near the top of the list is an option called New Topic.
Select this and then enter the subject and fill in the form about your bow.
After the bottom of the form are the words " Additonal Options" Select this and you will see the short, narrow form called Attach.  Use the browse feature to locate your pictures from your own computer.  

If your pictures are too big, you should be able to select image size for your camera such as 640X480 before you even take the picture.
With large pictures already taken, you should be able to resize them from some program already on your computer. Click on start at the bottom left of your screen. Then select All Programs. Study the list of programs on the left of screen. Somewhere will be program that can be accessed. Look for key words such as pictures, Kodak, etc. Within one of these programs, you will be able to resize any picture you have to make it 200 mp or less that this site requires. Then save the picture.
You can preview your message.   When satisfied, click Post at the bottom of the screen and your topic will be uploaded.  Get back to me if I can help you further.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday