Author Topic: new guy Denny  (Read 5574 times)

radius

new guy Denny
« on: November 28, 2009, 08:23:19 pm »
Hey everybody we need to talk Denny into doing a buildalong:  he carves awesome faces into the handles of his bows, and they look incredible.   No he didn't pay me to say that!!!!!   

his website is jerbowden.net and once you check his gallery, you will agree with me.

Scott

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: new guy Denny
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 10:20:26 pm »
  since you know him and we don't, have at it. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

radius

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 10:30:20 pm »
i don't know him at all, man.  I just saw he posted his stuff, and checked it out.  You'd probably like it.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 02:39:47 am »
I have done some serious collecting of pics on the internet and I have found his stuff a while back; his craved bow handles are really special!

D E N N Y !   ..... pe-leeeeaze ...!
Frank from Germany...

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 02:44:43 am »
Wow Radius looks like your face on that one bow (how well do you know this guy, and why are you getting a huge discount?)
Zb:)
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

Offline mox1968

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 06:56:11 am »
makes great handles and is a really nice fella to boot!!

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 07:37:11 am »
Faces look cool...but how good does a 1 Limbed Bow shoot....I see a lot of them......... :-\
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

radius

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 09:09:21 am »
Faces look cool...but how good does a 1 Limbed Bow shoot....I see a lot of them......... :-\

fair enough!

but it's damn cool, i'm gonna try that next go around

Offline denny

• my site
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 10:25:37 am »
Hi there fellows, I do appreciate the good words some have posted for my carvings. I read you guys articles a lot . Some very beautiful bows are built on the net. I have a passion to build bows and like some have offset my expenses, by selling a few as I am sure others have also. Anyway, on my web there ain't no broken bows. I usually burn them, however as radius said I saved a couple of handles for carving and to show styles. I will show a few for display alot for interest more than anything. I came to this page as Tim Baker recommended too me when I was building a holmey as some of you call it. I don't know if this is the page to talk to you about me, but it seems this is the topic. I am 60 years hold and like Gary Davis i am scheduled for heart stints this coming Friday. Could use some prays,thanks. I have been building bows for about 20 years. most of them primitive, However , bingham projects got me started way back when. I have learned a lot on this site and commend you all. I am a religious fellow some say, not a saint and I use my bows in a lot of ministries. I make and give more away than I will ever sell. I love to watch a child receive  one of my bows I donated and watch the excitement on their faces. To me seeing that is worth more than any money and I know < you can't keep what you have if you don't give it away>.I came to learn and share , mostly to learn, however I promise I will share some of my bows for you guys to check out , just don't be too hard on me. Ha. Denny

Offline Canoe

• Progress - Not Perfection
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 10:39:08 am »
Howdy Danny,

All the Best to you and yours on your upcoming heart tuneup.

And, I look forward to seeing your bows.

Our prayers are with you,

Canoe
"Nature is a mutable cloud which is always and never the same."  - R. W. Emerson

"Wilderness is not a luxury, but a necessity of the human spirit."    -Edward Abbey

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 10:54:49 am »
Good Luck with the Stints....and I Pray that They work and You don't have to have Bypass Surgery instead.

I really like the Wood Spirit Carving....My Brother does them on Tree Limbs and Bird Houses...and lots of Elk and Moose Antlers too....look really cool!

Wasn't being hard on You ...just would like to see more than just a half Bow with a nice Carving on it....can't wait to see some Bows at Draw....thats where the Beauty lies....JMO
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 04:22:55 pm »
Hey Denny! Just answered your PM...
I wish you all the best for friday!
Frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline Dano

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 05:37:59 pm »
Great work Denny, our prayers are with you on your stints.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline denny

• my site
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2009, 06:37:33 pm »
Thanks Dano, more the merrier. Denny

Offline mox1968

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2009, 07:48:50 pm »
good luck denny,will be thinking of you from the north sea mate.