Author Topic: A few field finds from Indiana  (Read 14153 times)

Offline Lobo69ss

• Born 200 years too late
A few field finds from Indiana
« on: December 07, 2009, 03:11:50 pm »
  Things that pop up in corn fields...

[attachment deleted by admin]
The man who sees the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Offline Lobo69ss

Re: A few field finds from Indiana
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 03:16:35 pm »
One  more...

Can anyone point me in the right direction to downsize my pics so that they`re not so large?
  I`ve found several more that I can`t post because the file size is over the 200KB limit...
 Thanks for your help...
   Lobo

The man who sees the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Offline StevenT

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 04:58:02 pm »
I had the same question once and someone suggested this. The program is called PIXresizer. It is easy, free and works great.  I would creadit who told me, but my long term memory is taking a nap.  Great looking points!

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 06:01:37 pm »
The software that came with your camera probably has a function to downsize photos for emailing them.
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 06:14:08 pm »
There is a program called gimp that is free and does a pretty good job of photo editing. If your on a pc and you just want to resize images go to google and type microsoft powertools image resizer and it's an install from microsoft that auto installs and you just right click on an image or a folder of images you want to resize and select what size you want the image or multiple images to size down to. You can also upload them to a service like flickr, which has a free account setup and if you have a yahoo account you are well through the process and when you upload images it automatically resizes them for you.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Lobo69ss

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 09:30:38 pm »
Thanks for that Michael...  I just got the Microsoft download.  I`d tried to get `em downsized with my account
with photobucket but it didn`t work out as well as I hoped it would. Now I`ll try the Microstuff & see what
 happens.  Thanks again for your help.

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 10:44:26 pm »
No problem, that's why were here. We all need help on way or another, like I said though if that doesn't work the easiest way I have found to re-size and save photos is on flickr. It automatically saves them in incremental sizes when you upload it, so you have about 4 to choose from. It's a photo website and I do some amateur photography, so I use it quite a bit. It's easy to link the pictures pretty much any where you like and there's a free account version, which is usually a good word for me.  ;D
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Lobo69ss

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 02:24:53 am »
   Is that as in www...flickr.com? I`ll check it out tomorrow to see if I`m smart enough
to figure out how to use that one.  I`m not sure if I can post things like a web address
on here without getting busted by the mods... I`ve tried before & got rapped on my
knuckles for the effort, it makes ya wonder what ya can get away with in here, postingwise.

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 02:57:00 am »
Yeah I do it all the time you just have to click the insert image button and put your photo url in between the img tags that have the brackets around them.  It's a pain and the only reason I know how to do it is I work with code all the time building websites or it would confuse me too. If you want the link from flickr you just have to click on the little magnify icon to view different image sizes and near the bottom you will see a link you can copy and paste I think it's option 2. Grab the photo's URL: and it should have a link that starts with http://farm3.static.flickr.com/ and then a lot of numbers and forward slashes. Just put that link in between the bracket url from flickr /bracket and your good to go. At least that has worked for me. Old Bow mentioned in another string that the one on here works well, but I haven't taken the time to try and figure it out because the alternative I was used to worked. Hopefully you aren't hopelessly confused by now, sorry if you are.  :( I know resizing images can be an issue and I have to do it for clients all the time because they just don't get it or they don't want to figure it out. I haven't ever known for sure which it is but I think they just weren't able to figure it out. I think I would be in the same boat if I hadn't have gone to school for this stuff, because it is confusing. 

Cicero

Offline Lobo69ss

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 08:12:39 pm »
  Just went to Flickr... it looks like a decent program, maybe that`ll be the one I use from now on. 
Thanks again for your help.  Let`s see how they come out now.

I think maybe I liked it better the other way...  Time to work on the sizing settings I guess.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 12:21:29 am by Lobo69ss »

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 01:34:23 pm »
Nice finds. That Thebes has hit something really hard at some point.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline paulc

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 05:46:44 pm »
save your photo to your desktop and then right click on the photo and open with the program Paint.  Select image and then stretch/skew.  That will enable you to drop the % for both the horizontal and vertical.  Just keep reducing until the image gets to the required size.

At least that is how I do it.  I learned that from someone on a gun discussion forum so I can't claim to have figured that out myself.

HTH, Paulc

Offline Lobo69ss

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 08:35:22 pm »
   Hillbilly,  yeah, it was hit by the plow that brought it to the surface. I looked for the rest of it, but it wasn`t there.
I might find the ear at some later time when I get to go back next year , it looks like this year`s looking is about done.
   Paulc... Thanks, now that`s something I can figure out, I think..   ;D  I`ve opened it before in paint, but didn`t
know how to change size once I got there.  I tried the oblong box thing, but it didn`t seem to do anything except to
recenter the pic.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 11:06:41 am »
It has some old impact fractures on it too.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 09:34:25 pm »
Thanks for posting those. It always amazes me how folks can spot arrowheads.  I'm always looking, but never finding. 
Traverse City, MI