Author Topic: TN classic  (Read 147940 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: TN classic
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2009, 01:24:38 pm »
Michael, the 30 or 40 you saw were all PA folks. The other 315 were insignificant participants.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cracker

« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2009, 05:23:50 pm »
Pat shame on you there are no insignificants they are just significants that haven't been recognized yet.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2009, 05:37:12 pm »
Excuse me! Not insignificant but "not yet significant" !   ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2009, 11:02:36 pm »
Michael, the 30 or 40 you saw were all PA folks. The other 315 were insignificant participants.  ;D

I got your "Insignificant...Not Yet Significant"....You Old Fart....You just wait till I show up at this Years Classic ...and put my Bad Foot up side Your Butt!!!  :o
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cracker

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2009, 11:10:14 pm »
Now now lets act our age. >:D
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2009, 12:28:18 am »
Ronnie, I guess Mike perceives himself insignificant. ;)

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2009, 01:47:57 am »
Hey Pappy, this is complete off the train of the conversation, but I just thought of a bowyer contest that might be fun at the TN Classic--Blind ring chasing wood identification.  The Bowyers are blindfold and has to scrape/chase a ring on a piece of wood to try to ID it just by feel.  The bowyer who correctly identifies the most pieces of wood wins.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2009, 06:56:03 am »
Sounds like a good idea,you supplying the wood. ;) ;D ;D ;D I have been chasing [well trying]
on a yew stave,you would think I had on a blind fold. :) I will say that is rough looking bunch,
all but the girls,It might scare some folks away.Beleve me folks they don't bite,well not hard
anyway. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2009, 04:59:12 pm »
No way people watching is one of my favorite things to do, I'm gonna have a hard time concentrating on making bows with that many folks to look at.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2009, 11:18:27 pm »
Don,t forget your knapping tools, some great flint knappers were there last year. I really enjoyed it last year. Southern hospitality everywhere. Thanks Pappy and I,m planning on gettin there  again this year. I,m stockin up on trade goods this winter.  Later Bob

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2009, 08:32:01 am »
Bob, glad to hear you are going.  Any chance of getting Bill Hawker to go that far?  He would love it.
Traverse City, MI

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2009, 03:17:30 pm »
Rick, I,ll run it by Billy, ya know he would have a ball in Tenn.  Later Bob

Offline woodstick

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2009, 05:45:40 pm »
i will be there early. my first year and cant wait till it gets here. we may need to set up a tatto contest that way maybe i can win something, cause i wont do it shooting. but i will have fun planting some poc down there.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Keenan

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2010, 03:19:04 pm »
 Ok It's looking official this time.  LuLyn and I are coming to the classic.  She put in for the vacation time and her sister lives in Borea Kentucky just to the north. So our plan is to fly in the week before, spend some time there, then drive on down to invade some of you southern folk.
 I think we will be taking their camp trailer so save us us spot Pappy. We would probably fit in well next to them Floridians. ;D

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2010, 03:24:00 pm »
I am coming a few days early.  Keenan and Woodstick, looking forward to meeting you in person... Man the Classic is coming up pretty quick I can't wait!   :) :) :)  It was awesome last year just went by so fast,   -josh  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln