Author Topic: TN classic  (Read 147936 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: TN classic
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2010, 03:13:08 pm »
 Thanks for the welcome everyone, We are really looking forward to meeting everyone,,,,,,,even dem yoopers ;D  Sounds like the weather can be unpredictable at that time of year so I think we are going to look into renting an RV of some sort I'll let you know Pappy so you know whats coming. Thanks for the help.

Greg, looking forward to it. I'm working on a southern drawl so we is ganna fit rite in wit yall

Offline DanaM

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2010, 03:20:19 pm »
Keenen if you tent it I strongly advise cots so your off the ground, I had a trout stream running right thru my tent
and under my cot last year 8)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2010, 04:00:54 pm »
Keenen if you tent it I strongly advise cots so your off the ground, I had a trout stream running right thru my tent
and under my cot last year 8)

LOL my budy snakeman was sleeping in an inch of water in his tent the last night we were there.  I put 3 coats of Camp Dry on my tent the week before and didn't have that problem LOL   :)  -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Keenan

« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2010, 04:17:23 pm »
 Dana your post reminded me of a story ,,,,,,,,, check out the Campng Mishaps thread that I started in "Anything eles"

Offline DanaM

« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2010, 08:05:50 pm »
Josh the wate rdidn't come through the tent it came acroos the parking lot and thru the door, I've been there 2 times and both times
I had water in the tent but I always slept well and dry must have been all my early training 8)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2010, 09:25:49 pm »
Pappy, we'll probably be in at midnight Thurday as usual. Have the jar unscrewed and the rain pouring for us. ;D

I seen more Rain in that One Week....than I do in two years here in the Panhandle...........and it felt good to just walk in it like a Kid too.... :o

Keenan...I was there...and it weren't no Trout Stream....just a little Crick as they say down South...... couldn't have caught more than a Brookie or two.....>:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2010, 09:28:50 pm »
 Yea, Keenan, the weather is very predictable.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2010, 10:45:14 pm »
Correction, Mr. Destructo...The only "cricks" we have around here are cricks in the neck.  That thar stream of water was a creek or branch.  Up RyanO's way, they call them "cricks"  ;)  ;D
  I don't reckon I've ever been to Pappy's place when it didn't rain or snow or precip one way or another.
 I guess you could call me the Rain Man. It hadn't rained around Eddies house in months...till I showed up. ???
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2010, 10:59:20 pm »
When you comming to Borger Texas?? We haven't had but an inch and a quarter of Moisture here in 11 months....so when can I buy the Airline Ticket....... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2010, 11:41:55 pm »
 Mike, If you want a flood, buy two tickets. One for Shannon and one for Hillbilly, tell him to bring a tent for better results. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2010, 12:25:24 am »
    ;D ;D ;D  Sounds like a ho lot a fun. Wit all da tok bout cricks and creeks I'm thinkin it might be good ta come in da boat.  :D  Just gald yall aint mentioned gully washers. ::) Coarse with dis crowd a pair a hip waders might be in order. :o >:D

Offline cracker

« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2010, 10:43:16 am »
Mike yeah I'm bringing the tent gotta have a place for my favorite tenent.
Pappy I'll be there mid afternoon on monday with the same truck and trailer that I had last year.
Shannon thanks for setting them straight on the creek thing.
Funny camping story Mike bobbing around in the tent on an air mattress snoring.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline StevenT

« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2010, 10:55:45 am »
Am I going to be able to keep my truck close to my tent? I know some places you have to park in a different area. Reason I am asking is you guys got me wondering about the rain. I am going to be in a tent and if I end up with a crick flowing through my tent, I have a hard shell on the back of my truck and would have no problem putting my air mattress in the back of the truck an sleeping in the  bed of the truck.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2010, 11:00:17 am »
Steven ,I am sure we can keep it pretty close,maybe not right beside ,but close. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2010, 11:22:28 am »
Like Eddie said, Keenan, the weather is really predictable. It's gonna rain like a cow pissing on a flat rock. The whole time. ;D We even had a tornado touched down nearby a couple years ago for variety. I have never regretted shelling out the money for a good tent. I've stayed dry every year so far. :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.