Author Topic: TN classic  (Read 147946 times)

Offline hedgeapple

Re: TN classic
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2010, 11:25:58 am »
Pappy, I'd really like to come to the classic but as I mentioned before, I'm booked the weekend of May 1st.  But it seems there's quite a few folks coming early.  I might could be there Saturday April 24th or Sunday April 25th and hang out, lend a hand, socialize, swap yarns until maybe Wednesday.  Would that be ok?
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline StevenT

« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2010, 11:32:03 am »
Hum.... I may have to invest in a different tent.  What is the temperature range that time of year?

Offline cracker

« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2010, 11:36:07 am »
About 50ish at night and 70ish in the daytime.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2010, 12:13:03 pm »
Like Eddie said, Keenan, the weather is really predictable. It's gonna rain like a cow pissing on a flat rock. The whole time. ;D We even had a tornado touched down nearby a couple years ago for variety. I have never regretted shelling out the money for a good tent. I've stayed dry every year so far. :)
  Thanks Steve that's a term I understand,,,,,,,,,, ::)

Manager

« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2010, 12:15:54 pm »

its pretty dry in the hotel  too   :o :o :o :o ;D ;D

Offline cracker

« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2010, 12:35:25 pm »
Yep but you miss all the fun of runing for your car when your tent gets flooded and finding someone else already mistakenly crawled in your back seat.Ron

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2010, 12:36:01 pm »
Except for the year you set up while it was comming a downpour Steve.  ;) ;D ;D Come on guy you are going to scare everyone off. :(  Sarah,yes it is, and pretty dry under your tent once you get there,just a few small leaks. :) Hedge come on down,I will be there from the Friday the week
before till the Monday after.Temps usually ant that bad,Long sleeves at night and early morning and
short sleeves during the day,except for Eddie,he is in shorts and flip flop's and Chris in a skirt. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy  
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Manager

« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2010, 01:22:50 pm »

Im too old to stay in a tent  ;)

You do however miss alot of the fun if you stay in a hotel  and apparently you miss homemade salsa!!!!

Offline cracker

« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2010, 01:27:21 pm »

Im too old to stay in a tent  ;)

You do however miss alot of the fun if you stay in a hotel  and apparently you miss homemade salsa!!!!
;D ;D 8)

Offline DanaM

« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2010, 01:35:16 pm »
Am I going to be able to keep my truck close to my tent? I know some places you have to park in a different area. Reason I am asking is you guys got me wondering about the rain. I am going to be in a tent and if I end up with a crick flowing through my tent, I have a hard shell on the back of my truck and would have no problem putting my air mattress in the back of the truck an sleeping in the  bed of the truck.

The cap on the back of your truck is to keep your wood dry, ya won't melt in the rain ;) :D

As for temps first year I went it got cold enuf to freeze the dew so be prepared for any extreme :) Bring a rain coat ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cracker

« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2010, 01:41:11 pm »
Trust Dana he is wise when it comes to lots of wood. >:D

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2010, 01:46:10 pm »
Trust Dana he is wise when it comes to lots of wood. >:D

...that is true   ::)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2010, 02:27:25 pm »
The temperature range I've seen is pleasant-ranges from frost to fry eggs on a rock. :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2010, 06:25:25 am »
You are right about Dana and the wood. ;) ;D ;D You know if it wasn't for all the fun I don't
know why anyone would want to come to this,TN.Weather is strange sometimes.  :) One thing is once you get away from your camp we have plenty of roofs to get under and always have a
big fire. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2010, 08:32:45 am »
          Pappy....Did it Rain last Year??? I was so damned busy with everything going on...I don't remember it....... ;D...... ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome