Author Topic: TN classic  (Read 147944 times)

Offline cracker

Re: TN classic
« Reply #345 on: March 08, 2010, 03:56:32 pm »
you know I will take 2 big bags,,,,will go good with some of the food I am going to cook,,,beans , cornbread , fried squash, okra,,turnips and collard greens,fried wild turkey,,and maybe some hog,,, and cracker I hope you have been eating good,,If not I will fatten you up at classic... ;D
Hey Mike I been eating plenty but this year you gotta let me contribute to the pantry. I felt like a recipient last year. MMMM MMMM
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #346 on: March 09, 2010, 06:34:30 am »
Sounds good, I need to take a breath and get down there myself.Yazoo ,when are yall planing on coming,your Dad and Mom were there last year on Monday I think. We put a new culvert in and graveled where you were at last year,I plan on putting Keenan's teepee and as many of the PA folks
beside where you were last year also ,if you can put up with them. ;) :) :) This is begining to come together,it won't be long,I can't wait. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline yazoo

« Reply #347 on: March 09, 2010, 06:38:20 pm »
we will be there on monday ,,cant wait,,I need a few days rest anyway,just got back from the tbof shoot,,I did a bow class there and built 12 bows in 3 days,,,,we have done 5 shoots in 5 weeks,,I have got to rough out blanks this week,, classic time is creeping up on us :)
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #348 on: March 09, 2010, 07:41:05 pm »
I look forward to digging around in your stave pile Mike.  I'm finishing up a skinny little bow from a stave I bought from you last year.  Super fine piece of wood and has turned out one of my best shooting bows.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #349 on: March 09, 2010, 08:24:23 pm »
Ronnie, can I talk you outta some vidalias?
If we can get some cabbage I can do the fried cabbage again this year, we gotta keep Dana regular.
VB

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #350 on: March 09, 2010, 08:36:28 pm »
 I'm sure I can bring some cabbage, VB.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cracker

« Reply #351 on: March 09, 2010, 10:00:59 pm »
Ronnie, can I talk you outta some vidalias?
If we can get some cabbage I can do the fried cabbage again this year, we gotta keep Dana regular.
VB
VB I always bring some for cooking anyway so it won't be a problem.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #352 on: March 10, 2010, 07:19:51 am »
we gotta keep Dana regular.
VB

;D ;D ;D Hell yea nuthin worse than a backed up Yooper :o :P
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #353 on: March 10, 2010, 08:34:50 am »
                                      Yeah there is...ever seen a Yooper with the Runs................... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #354 on: March 10, 2010, 08:50:18 am »
Yeah there is...ever seen a Yooper with the Runs...................

Let's keep the mental vision's pleasant please! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #355 on: March 10, 2010, 09:22:04 pm »
 Yep! Food sounded good. ;D Old yoopers with problems sound,, :P :-X :-[ :-\ ::) :( :o ??? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline dmassphoto

« Reply #356 on: March 11, 2010, 05:53:57 pm »
Hello,
  I was thinking about coming to the TN Classic mainly to learn from the horse's mouth how to build a self-bow.  I was just wondering if we need to bring our own tools, and if so, what do we need?  Thanks!

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #357 on: March 11, 2010, 06:42:03 pm »
Dmassphoto:
If you have tools being them.
If you don't have tools come anyway.
You can borrow tools, and know how, from anyone who is there.

Great bunch of folks.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #358 on: March 12, 2010, 06:49:30 am »
What David said,we have a lot of tools and benches but it's first come,so By Friday and Sat. the stuff get pretty thin, It takes me a couple of weeks after the shoot just to get all the stuff gathered back up.GregB ,Big A and myself are there to help most of the time but it's so busy there is no way we could do it without all the guys from PA,they are more than willing to help and sometimes I feel bad cause they are helping and don't get time to work on there own stuff,We really appreciate it Greg and Big A about went crazy the first few years trying to do it all there self and it seems after Thursday
I am pulled in all directions. Come on down I am sure you will enjoy it.Some of the best selfbowyers in the country will be there and more than willing to help and advise. :) :)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline dmassphoto

« Reply #359 on: March 12, 2010, 11:12:14 am »
Thanks for the warm invite :)  I'll be coming from Knoxville, so it's not that far of a drive.  If I were to bring a couple basic tools with me, what would you say the most important are?  A drawknife?  Thanks!

Dave