Author Topic: TN classic  (Read 148442 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: TN classic
« Reply #435 on: April 14, 2010, 11:13:19 pm »
 Tim, has it been standing up or laying on it's side since '02 ?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Timo

« Reply #436 on: April 14, 2010, 11:36:12 pm »
Been standing upright. Probly a bad thing?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #437 on: April 15, 2010, 01:09:02 am »
Keenan, Tillamook?  ;D  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #438 on: April 15, 2010, 08:45:20 am »
Standing up allows the cork to dry out and then air reach the wine which causes oxidation. Best to store wine with the wine in contact with the cork. I made a wine rack that holds around 75 bottles laying on their sides, unfortunately it is empty.  :(
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Timo

« Reply #439 on: April 15, 2010, 09:12:17 am »
So Greg, you say it is probly bad? Most wine taste bad to me anyhow so I guess I wouldn't know the difference. :-\

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #440 on: April 15, 2010, 10:59:52 am »
Standing up allows the cork to dry out and then air reach the wine which causes oxidation. Best to store wine with the wine in contact with the cork. I made a wine rack that holds around 75 bottles laying on their sides, unfortunately it is empty.  :(
i'm sure it's because you GAVE all of it away...  :o
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #441 on: April 15, 2010, 03:00:41 pm »
 Tim, once the air gets to it it will turn to Wine Vinegar. Heck, Marie will probally drink it. ::)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline cracker

« Reply #442 on: April 15, 2010, 03:02:15 pm »
Uh oh I think Eddie just called Marie a booze hound. >:D
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #443 on: April 15, 2010, 08:48:06 pm »
Tim, once the air gets to it it will turn to Wine Vinegar. Heck, Marie will probally drink it. ::)

:o :o :o :o :o :o Wait till Marie hears about this,,,,, :o :o

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #444 on: April 15, 2010, 09:42:35 pm »
 Look back at the post, Ronnie, you did ;D ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline cracker

« Reply #445 on: April 15, 2010, 11:44:15 pm »
Oh so lets shift the blame.Good strategy.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Timo

« Reply #446 on: April 16, 2010, 12:42:44 am »
Well I got the bottle out tonight and looked at it. The cork looks wet to me, at least down in the neck.It's only about a 1/4" from the wine,so maybe the shutting of the fridge door would shake enough up on the cork to keep it wet?

No matter, it's Maries anyhow, she can drink it or pour it out whichever she likes. 8)

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #447 on: April 16, 2010, 06:46:03 am »
Heck we can cook with it if she don't want to drink it. Its probably OK,save it for the second bottle and she will never know the difference. ;) ;D ;D We can always mix it with a good bottle to add
volume. ;) >:D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #448 on: April 16, 2010, 09:42:58 am »
i'm sure it's because you GAVE all of it away...
That's right Marie, all the wine I've brought to the Classic over the past several years was wine I made before 2007. Back when I was really into making it, I had made over one hundred gallons in one year before. One gallon equals five regular wine bottles! ;) I may have to get back into it at some point in the future. To many iron's in the fire for me right now.

Timo, probably is okay. It may not be as good as it once was. The wine level being within a 1/4" of the cork helps cut down on the possible amount of exposure to oxygen.

You guys definitely are out of line in regards to Marie's potential of being a "booze hound". Just because she habitially carries a cork remover everywhere she goes (she gave me one during the 2008 Classic when I couldn't find one in the cabin!) doesn't necessarily mean she's a "booze hound" or wino. She is just a nice person, and carry's a cork remover solely for the purpose of sharing it whenever the need arises! I mean if you think about it, I'm sure we've all at some time or the other have been asked during an archery event if we had a cork remover...right? ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #449 on: April 16, 2010, 09:57:21 am »

You guys definitely are out of line in regards to Marie's potential of being a "booze hound". Just because she habitially carries a cork remover everywhere she goes (she gave me one during the 2008 Classic when I couldn't find one in the cabin!) doesn't necessarily mean she's a "booze hound" or wino. She is just a nice person, and carry's a cork remover solely for the purpose of sharing it whenever the need arises! I mean if you think about it, I'm sure we've all at some time or the other have been asked during an archery event if we had a cork remover...right? ;D

That's RIGHT, GregB and THANKS for coming to my rescue from such rapscallions as these trying to ruin my reputation with their rantings of my relishing too much in your rapturous refreshment.   You truly are a knight in shinging armour.   ::)   ::)
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.