Author Topic: School Talent Show  (Read 9250 times)

Offline Kegan

Re: School Talent Show
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 07:19:34 pm »
Thanks guys :)

JW- Afterwards my parents were telling me how excited some of the younger kids in the audience had been. I have to admit, that really put a smile on my face ;D!

Offline chasing crow

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 09:38:02 pm »
Kegan,
I guess I hadn't had my coffee yet when I scanned this thread this morning, didn't see you already let fly. Way to go! 1st place and a ping pong ball? WOW, you have guts and skills. Nice doings. You should be proud. You have more guts than I ever had.
Chasing Crow
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline Kegan

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 01:42:43 pm »
Thanks Chasing Crow :). Word around school was I could hit bottle caps with my longbow. I figured it's my senior year, better at least prove it to more than a few friends :D.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2010, 01:06:43 am »

Wow, way to go Smooth...... 8)  The third time is the charm. ;)  I think I could've hit the ping pong ball on the 2nd shot at least.
But then after the first shotgun blast, they probably wouldn't let me take a second shot...... :o  Sometimes people can just be that way you know...... ::)  Well congrats again, and let it slip that you were going to use an aspirin instead of a ping pong ball, but you used the whole bottle up during practice, and you couldn't find the two that you missed, and you forgot to get more on the way to the auditorium. ;)  That should get the ol rumor mill going full speed...... ;D  Way to go Kegan, that is great.

Wayne

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010, 10:26:25 am »
same here with the shotgun thing.  ::)
lets just shoot it

Offline sailordad

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010, 08:49:37 pm »
i could hit that ping pong ball with my first shot from my turkey shotgun,its got a real tight choke  ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Kegan

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2010, 12:30:21 pm »
Thanks again everyone ;D :D I don't think I need to brag about aspirin, everyone seemed thoroughly impresed I just hit the ping pong ball! Even better, there were several witness during rehearsal where I hit a ping pong ball and got it lodged on the fletchings. There weren't that many people there... but it's nice to show off in front of pretty girls once in a while ;)

Offline sailordad

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2010, 01:05:20 pm »
Thanks again everyone ;D :D I don't think I need to brag about aspirin, everyone seemed thoroughly impresed I just hit the ping pong ball! Even better, there were several witness during rehearsal where I hit a ping pong ball and got it lodged on the fletchings. There weren't that many people there... but it's nice to show off in front of pretty girls once in a while ;)

yes it is isnt it ;D

i find that when i am shooting in the backyard,i will try differant things.
that way when the wife comes out i can go "hey honey,check this shot out"
after 20+ years,i still try to show to her once and awhile
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2010, 01:22:19 pm »

damn right.
my buddie (who went with me to MOJAM) kept bragging that i could hit a hanging tennis ball hanging on a string 30 yards away, and a couple girls called him on it, so he brought in a video, which they still didn't believe.
finally they insisted on coming over to see, and I said, "okay, how about i cut the string its hanging on from 30 yards away"? I didn't mention that it is actually easier for me ::) since i find the elevation at that range to be an issue, more so than the windage.
cut it on the second shot (hit it lightly on the first)  so they come over every once in awhile to watch us shoot, and have even tried it themselves :o
this was with a judo though, not a broadhead or field point.......

congrats Kegan, that is really really cool. I'm sure i would gotten stage fright and missed every time, how did you keep your focus?
in my school they would call the cops for me suggesting the idea :o

Offline Kegan

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2010, 01:34:32 pm »
Nice shooting Zander! I asked the prinicpal about it over the summer when I dropped off my senior project- he's a really nie guy and really liked the idea (actually shot target archery back when he was in highschool too). Then I cleared it with the teacher in charge of the Talent show (who knew me since I was a freshman and is also the mother of one of my good friends), and as soon as she saw that it was safe in rehearsal everyone seemed alot more okay with the idea. As for focus, that's the only way I know how to hit anything moving :D. All fo the stationary shots were ...erhem... up for grabs :-X :)

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2010, 02:35:42 pm »
lol yeah focus comes easier on a moving target.
unfortunately I'm not nearly as well acquainted with any of the staff.

Offline david w.

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2010, 11:04:48 pm »
Really coll Kegan.  Congrats!
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo