Author Topic: AVATAR  (Read 46740 times)

Offline Mechslasher

« on: December 19, 2009, 12:17:54 am »
just got home from seeing the movie avatar and i'll have to say that i recommend it to all.  can't go wrong with a 10' tall woman wielding a knife and shooting a bow.  not to mention wearing a thong.  had sort of a dances with wolves meets rambo flavor. 
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: AVATAR
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 12:21:27 am »
Just got the Wife talked into going to see this one....I thought it was going to be a great Movie!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 12:45:49 am »
my wife is about as critical as they come about movies, but she loved this one. 
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 01:24:22 am »
 Now I have to see it.. knives, bows, 10 foot tall woman.. reminds me of hunting with my wife..LOL
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 01:43:40 am »
I heard that the movie was making people puke. Too big and busy in 3D they say.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 07:37:04 am »
May have to go see this one, won't get up here till next year though :(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 09:50:25 am »
i didn't see much of a benefit to 3d with this movie.  wished i would have saved the $2 bucks.  i also didn't feel any motion sickness either.  the movie is busy, there was only a few minutes out of the 2.5 hours that i wasn't "sitting on the edge of my seat."   the special effects were so stunning, i actully looked for peter jackson's name in the credits.  didn't see it so it looks like james cameron gets full credit for this movie.

hawk, the movie had a very strong dances with wolves flavor.  even my wife noticed it.  you can't miss this one.

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 07:32:38 pm »
Wow, just incredible. I was really scared that they were going to get so caught up in making all of the neat computer generated stuff and forget about a storyline which seems to happen so much now, but I wasn't bored for a minute. I think this was probably the most seamless display of computer models and real life action, I forgot that it was about 5 minutes after he made it onto the planet. I can't say enough about the artwork in here, just try and forget about the way the bows are treated though :) The only real problem that I had with it was that it ended way to happy, I guess I would have like to have had the impact of what happened in the movie to stick with people and make them think about things, but that doesn't make for a money maker.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 09:40:41 pm »
Sooo...why is this devochka 10 feet tall?
Living a dream...

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 09:57:44 pm »
Dragons...archery...mecha...it was predetermined that I have to see it.  I'll see it later, though...
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 09:58:49 pm »
Sooo...why is this devochka 10 feet tall?

Shes a blue alien  :o

"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 03:19:07 am »
i'm guessing the na vi' are 10' tall because of the lower gravity on their planet.  no one escapes from the law of gravity.   had a physics professor come into class one morning.  he asked the question, "if you woke up tomorrow morning and everything was 100 times bigger, would you know it?"  he then left and class was over.

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Jesse

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 05:35:00 am »
Just saw it in 3D. Cool movie for sure. A little anti human which seems to be popular these days but oh well it was still an impressive movie. The animation was very believable and time just flew by. 3 hours felt like 1 1/2. Cool to see them using bows a lot too.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Aries

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 10:36:43 am »
For me probably one of the most epic movies i've seen so far, its up on the top of my list.  Ty
"If the only tool you have is a hammer,
                   you tend to see every problem as a nail."
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 10:40:40 am »
he asked the question, "if you woke up tomorrow morning and everything was 100 times bigger, would you know it?"  he then left and class was over.

I guess that's a good way to get out of teaching anyone anything for a day...
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry