Author Topic: AVATAR  (Read 46743 times)

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
Re: AVATAR
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 07:32:01 pm »
hard to see much detail in that...I guess I'll just have to pay close attention Friday morning lol.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2010, 05:35:33 pm »
Saw the movie today.  I absolutely loved it.  The message was completely anti-humanity, but it was still a good movie.  I don't care what they called them in the movie...dragons are dragons....and they were so totally badass.  The mecha was a little lame but I loved the VTOL's and such...and yeah the archery was cool as hell.  Especially when they started driving the arrows through canopies and shit.

It was a good mix of the matrix, gorillas in the mist, dancing with wolves, and just kickass in general.

Saw a preview for How To Train Your Dragon...cannot wait for that.  Looks great!
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline DanaM

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2010, 07:15:40 pm »
Still waiting for it to get here but I'm willing to bet its not better than Grumpy Old Men :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2010, 08:00:33 pm »
Still waiting for it to get here but I'm willing to bet its not better than Grumpy Old Men :)
Man I hope it is.   >:(
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline lowell

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2010, 08:51:26 pm »
I'm not much of a movie goer but I did enjoy it.  For a long movie I really didn't have trouble sitting through it.  My wife wants to see it again but once was fine for me!! ;)

She was a lefty wasn't she???  Did she shoot 2 or 3 under or split fingers??  I know she had 3 fingers and a thumb....right??Jeeeese maybe I do need to see it again!!  ??? ::)
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2010, 08:59:04 pm »
They all shot from both sides...but the "practices" and the first scene she was shooting in were left.  They had all three fingers on the string.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2010, 10:22:03 pm »
awesome. took the kids last week and now i know what i want to be when i grow up.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline stickbender

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2010, 12:04:40 am »

Dang, now I guess I will have to go see it.  A ten foot woman in a thong, you betcha! :o  Man just imagine, to look up and see that! ::)
Well even if it is an anti human, alien bunny hugger movie, I will have to see it now, after all these testimonials! ;D  Well there goes ten bucks.  Hmmm, maybe not, Senior Citizen, and all maybe I can get by with that.  They may want proof. :(  I hope not.  Anyway, whatever, I am going to have to see that.  It will be by myself, since my Girlfriend doesn't care for Sci Fi.  I don't care for Mush Movies, so the only thing we see together, are comedy's, mostly.  Some drama type too.

Wayne

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2010, 12:49:41 am »
Dang, now I guess I will have to go see it.  A ten foot woman in a thong, you betcha! :o  Man just imagine, to look up and see that! ::)
Well even if it is an anti human, alien bunny hugger movie, I will have to see it now, after all these testimonials! ;D  Well there goes ten bucks.  Hmmm, maybe not, Senior Citizen, and all maybe I can get by with that.  They may want proof. :(  I hope not.  Anyway, whatever, I am going to have to see that.  It will be by myself, since my Girlfriend doesn't care for Sci Fi.  I don't care for Mush Movies, so the only thing we see together, are comedy's, mostly.  Some drama type too.

Go see the first showing in the morning...I don't know if it counts where you are but Cinemark does matinee showings early in the day.  $5 this morning to see it (2D).

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2010, 03:00:38 am »
the movie is not anti human...just anti destroying nature.

Offline Jesse

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2010, 11:25:22 am »
the movie is not anti human...just anti destroying nature.
Your right in a way I guess but it came off to me that way. Like they were trying to educate the audience as to how bad we are. no big deal though. I thought it was a bit comical how they threw in the blatant stereotypical shots saying it was some type of shock and awe campaign and if you have something they want they make you the enemy and kill you to get it. Either it was liberals making a spoof about themselves or they just thought the audience would be to dumb to decipher something more subtle. Made me laugh a few times with comments like that :D Like said earlier though it was a really fun movie to watch. Thumbs up :)
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2010, 01:55:38 pm »
Your right in a way I guess but it came off to me that way. Like they were trying to educate the audience as to how bad we are.  if you have something they want they make you the enemy and kill you to get it.

You mean like the way the Human Race really is... ;D...just like it says at the Bottom of all of my Posts....if the Truth Fits....Live With It
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline akila

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2010, 02:01:21 pm »
 "Your right in a way I guess but it came off to me that way. Like they were trying to educate the audience as to how bad we are. "

Jesse....no ofens man....but wi realy are verry bad....sometimes i feel shame that im human....humans are the most destroing living creatures of the earth....not to mention  the warr atrocities, all the killing, the persecution, the bomb experience, and the list can go on verry easely....and the most disturbing  thing is that wi do all that with such a pleasure... :-[.....so yess....wi are realy bad....

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2010, 02:22:58 pm »
Jesse....no ofens man....but wi realy are verry bad....sometimes i feel shame that im human....humans are the most destroing living creatures of the earth....not to mention  the warr atrocities, all the killing, the persecution, the bomb experience, and the list can go on verry easely....and the most disturbing  thing is that wi do all that with such a pleasure... :-[.....so yess....wi are realy bad....

We're natural.  There's nothing against our fellow man or nature that doesn't occur in nature.  Beavers have destroyed entire micro-ecosystems.  Birds and rabbits frequently breed themselves into such overpopulation that they've starved themselves to death. If you think HUMANS do nasty things to one another...don't look at what the rest of the world's predators do to one another, or other species.  We're the most compassionate thing on this planet.

The movie is just like every other movie with sigourney weaver in it...people are bad save three or four of us.

Offline Jesse

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2010, 08:03:35 pm »
Thanks Makenzie. Humans rule ;D The world is ours :D. We should take good care of it but it is ours to do as we please. We are the only ones that even have the capacity to care about the planet.  Everything is here for our enjoyment.  Be happy you are human. Enjoy it. Would the world be better off without us? Who cares. Without humans who cares what happens. We are the only ones here given the ability to care or even think about that. But yeah about the movie. Very entertaining :)
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark