Author Topic: happy winter solstice  (Read 8098 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: happy winter solstice
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 07:58:20 am »
Happy winter solstice to all my peagan friends ,and Merry Christmas to the rest ;) :) Columbus didn't DISCOVER America ,that's for sure ,but I am glad he found it,cause otherwise I wouldn't be here. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 04:09:06 pm »
I love the solstice too because it is the beginning of winter, my favorite time of year!!! ;D
  Jamie, that was the Irish wasn't it? They came over with the Vikings to prepare the locals for the invasion that followed. ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 05:25:22 pm »
Wasn't it asians following the land bridge that found the America's ???
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 05:54:44 pm »
the celts on the east and asians in the west
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline DanaM

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 07:31:01 pm »
I stand corrected jamie :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 10:45:51 pm »
 Cromm, could you get me a pebble from stonehenge area.. I am collecting medicine stones from all over the world.. that would be cool.. thanks Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline stickbender

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2009, 01:58:09 am »

Solistice?  Outside?  If it is celebrated after 12, ok. ;)  I am retired. I go to bed late, and I get up late. ;D  Is there going to be beer?  women?  8)  .......  Should I bring a tree, or a spruce bough?  You know for the Druids.... ;)   Maybe some glass balls with colore liquids in them, to keep the eviel spirits away.....But what ever your beliefs, or lack there of, I wish all avery merry Christmas.

Wayne
     And Dana for you I wish 12" ice, and 20" Walleyes, and 36" Pike, and the usual run of the mill Saugers, and Perch.  Oh yah, and sum hot pasties, Brats, and beer too hey.  Yah, hey dat ice fishin is hard work now don'tcha know, and yah gotta keep da strength up in dem arms ta hoist all dem fish in now!  So you jus hook dat little guy up, and drop him in and tell him ta go get hiss big brudder ya know.                                                                             

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2009, 02:00:04 am »
Mike, them pebbles at Stonehenge are way too big for your medicine bag!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2009, 02:59:29 am »
I don't know if I would chance taking stones from around that Monument to begin with....You may get Drawn and Quartered..... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome