Author Topic: Shoots, Tips and Arrows (Presents from PatB and Cowboy)  (Read 21125 times)

Dustybaer

Shoots, Tips and Arrows (Presents from PatB and Cowboy)
« on: February 18, 2007, 05:11:13 pm »
guys, check this out:  a couple of days ago, i got this in the mail.  what preceded this package was a generous offer by patb to send me some sourwood shoots.  meanwhile, i thought shoots would look cool with stone tips, so I asked cowboy if he could make me some.  at the same time pat sent me a message, that he added some tips cowboy made to the package and a little surprise.  well, the surprise was this awesome arrow.  but the coolest thing on that arrow is, that it's pat's first knapped glasstip.  and the dedication is the icing on the cake  ;D

cowboy, your tips are absolutely fantastic.  pictures do not do them justice.  these are the first stone tips i held in my hand.  what a workmanship.  one will get a sourwood shaft, one a bloodtwig shaft and one a bamboo shaft.  then i will display them in my dining room, along with pat's arrow.  all the shafts mentioned were presents from friends and i will fletch them with turkey feathers, which were presents from a friend who now lives in alaska.  i guess i could truly call them friendship arrows.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Shoots, Tips and Arrows (Presents from PatB and Cowboy)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 07:03:33 pm »
Ah shucks! :-[     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Dustybaer

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 07:12:13 pm »
no need to be embarrassed.  you're just a great guy, everybody knows it and there's nothing you can do about it.   ;D

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 08:03:03 pm »
Well I'll be damned (not really I hope). I'm kinda shocked to see this - that my little ole points from Tejas are now in Germany, thanks for posting Marius! glad you like them.
  Pat: Don't know how long you've been knapping, but that glass point will take meat along with the best of them - I'll guarantee it!! Will have to get with you sometime of shafts - what to cut and how to straighten.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Little John

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 11:11:53 pm »
The generosity and comeradery here at this site is awsome. Really special gifts from special friends.  Awsome arrow Pat same for the points Cowboy.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 11:15:37 pm »
Very impressive work guys.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 01:20:25 am »
1/4" glass is easy. You don't have to worry about thinning it. A little pressure flaking and you're there. I've yet to make one with raw stone, just glass and slabbed obsidian. Cowboy, That was my hunting arrow for the last part of our deer season. I was ready but the deer weren't.  Let me know and I'll do my best to help you with shoot arrows. They can be time consuming to make but in my opinion that's part of the process.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Dustybaer

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 03:53:31 am »
The generosity and camaraderie here at this site is awesome. Really special gifts from special friends.  Awesome arrow Pat same for the points Cowboy.   Kenneth

i still think it's the primitive/traditional thing.  it's the same way with my primitive friends in germany.  the generosity and willingness to help is amazing.  just like on this site.  unfortunately you don't see that much nowadays, in our modern society.

cowboy, send me your address and i'll send you some bloodtwig shoots (that a friend of mine already straightened  ;D )

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 09:49:43 am »
Awesome! That was a very kind gesture. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 06:39:13 am »
Sweet those are NICE!!! :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

MattE

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 09:16:04 am »
I have one of Pat's arrows as well. It is one of his first cane arrows. I have it displayed in my living room with other arrows people have given me. It is a well made arrow with one of Allen Holts ryolite heads up front.No one can even guess how much I value Pat's arrow's. Thanks again Pat!

michigan bowguy

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 11:43:55 am »
very cool stuff you got db!
 great job pat,and cowboy!!!

Dustybaer

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2007, 09:26:33 pm »
well, looks like pat got his shoots.  cowboy and michigan bowguy,  yours were mailed the same time.  please let me know if you don't get them soon.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 01:48:02 pm »
Will do Marius, appreciate it. Wish I could have made the classic to meet a bunch of you guys - looks like ya'll had a blast!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Dingleberry

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 12:18:39 pm »
Marius,  its christmas year round for you ;D.....what great gifts!

p.s.  whatcha been workin on lately?