Linked Events

• N. Georgia Knap& Prim Arts Fes: April 23, 2010 - April 25, 2010

Author Topic: 11th Annual North Georgia Flint Knappers and Primitive Arts Festival  (Read 6798 times)

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
April 23. 24 & 25 2010 at Gatewood Park, Cartersville, Georgia.  Thursday April 22 will be early vendors set up and will be open to the public.  The event gets underway at 8:00 AM each day and will continue into the evening .  The show is open to the public and admission and parking is free.

There will be plenty of handmade crafts, primitive tools, primitive weapons and works of art.  Demonstrations will start at 9:00 AM on Saturday and will include arrowhead, spear point and stone knife making,  Atlatls demonstration, arrow and bow making, fire building, hide tanning, basketry, cordage, primitive snares and traps, a nature walk identifying useful and editable plants, soapstone working, pottery and much more.  The public will be invited to participate where applicable.  All demonstrations are free. 

There will be a public auction held at 12:00AM on April 23 and will feature unique, handmade items donated by the vendors.  Door prizes will also be awarded.

An onsite food vendor will be available for your eating pleasure.  Local restaurants are a short drive from the event site.

For those wishing to participate as vendors, a modern campground with full hookups is located next to the show site.  Cost for camper sites is $18.00 with senior discounts available.  Additionally there are conveniently located motels nearby.  Contact the event coordinator for a complete list of motels and restaurants.  Vendors may camp at their vending site, but no campfires are permitted.   Vendor fee is $25.00 per 12x12 space.  No electricity will be available. Vendors must supply their own tents, tables and supplies.

Don’t miss the largest primitive arts festival in Georgia held on the shores or beautiful Lake Allatoona!

For further information contact Event Coordinator Dave Swetmon at 770-304-8760 or email deltaworm@charter.net or Neville  Edgar at 770-228-6739 or email nevilledgar@bellsouth.net.

northgeorgiaknapin.com  for more info

You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
Re: 11th Annual North Georgia Flint Knappers and Primitive Arts Festival
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 02:07:29 pm »
I plane on being there as long as the Army don't have me doing something.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 08:54:30 am »
Or TwinOaks, ;) ;D Week before the Classic,I doubt I will make it. I sure would love to go to some of these this year,just seems to many places to go for the time I have. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 11:13:47 pm »
Im going this year i went last year and had a blast a lot of nappers there and alot of rock for sell im going to bring some speckled rhyolite and see if i can do some trading.
bryan irwin

Offline yazoo

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 01:29:39 am »
a great event I have been going for about 10years,,
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 02:29:52 am »
Bet o could off load some of these big blue eggs there  ::)
Mililani Hawaii