Author Topic: Best all arround Cammo for everywhere?  (Read 37187 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Best all arround Cammo for everywhere?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 11:36:04 pm »

Good point! I shall move slowly like a slug on my belly, break my patterning and wind often,  role like a dog on a fish to mask my scent, and hope to god I smell bad enough and blend in well enough that the anti-hunters wont come near me.  ;D  I can do that!  ;D ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 12:37:53 am »
If you are breaking wind often they will stay away. ;D  I just have to tell you all the stealth in the world does no good if you dont have a plan.  I once crawled 800 yards across a high desert flat in 85* temperatures to get within 20 yards of a bedded pronghorn.  I got within range only to realize there was no bush big enough to get off my belly to get a shot without being seen.  I layed there for 10 minutes sweating like a pig before I finally sat up and almost scared him to death.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 12:40:04 am »
Break your patterning but don't break wind. That is a dead givaway!!!  Justin, you beat me to it!     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 12:57:22 am »
......Don't eat peanuts and eggs and drink warm beer and you won't break wind--or have the EPA on your'e case ;D ;D ;D..bob

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 12:57:37 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 03:11:53 pm »
I will second the asat. Its pretty much all I use now except for some snow camo...
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

bikermikearchery

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 04:12:41 pm »
I have a preference for military BDU in woodland pattern, cotton only. Once they have faded the material is quiet and breaks up your outline with out breaking the bank.

Offline billy

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 11:49:53 pm »
I actually did some research for a camo article that I was going to submit to Primitive Archer, but haven't had a chance to finish.

Most camo hunting patterns I've found tend to be too dark.  Also, at a distance, the small patterns blend together and create a single uniform color that reveals the human shape.  Some hunters advocate using 2 different camo patterns...one for the shirt/jacket and a different pattern for the pants.  That way, the patterns will blend together, but they will blend into 2 different colors, therefore breaking you up at a distance.  I would suggest a lighter camo pattern if you're hunting on the ground. 

Do ya'll think I should still submit that article on camo?   
Marietta, Georgia

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2007, 01:01:17 am »
Billy I think it would be a good article. Would the larger patterns like ASAT still blend?

wolf among dogs

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2007, 02:33:21 am »
Im working with two other Biologists on the burning question ....big patterns will break up the human outline better...and herbavours CANNOT see the color green...military camo is the cheapest..predators can see some green tones as can birds...birds are the only creature so far that i know of that can see a full color spectrum..avoid blue colors and solids(blaze orange comes in camo and it works!)...beat their nose and break up your outline....do your homework on your prey as well...all good predators know what to expect from their next meal..W.A.D..(U of Maryland, wildlife biologist, now professional chef )

MattE

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2007, 09:28:34 am »
Camo is over rated.The patterns are more for the buyers eyes than to camouflage him. Any broken pattern will work as long as it isn't way out! I have a pair of Walmart, el-cheapos, camouflage cover-alls that has worked fine. I also have been hunting with jeans and a checkered shirt and it worked just as good. Smell and movement are what one should be concerned with most.     

Offline stiknstring

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 11:40:59 am »
I say GO NAKED...worked for the Indians.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 11:45:00 am »
The deer would have to wear sunglasses to cut the glare!  8)    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 12:46:57 pm »
Lmao.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D..bob

a finnish native

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 02:30:01 pm »
I also feel that the top modern detail Camo is for the customer and hunter, not for the animal. the best Camo how I see it is just clothes that have similar colours as the background. still the important things are to not to smell like a human, and remember to make some mask or something that will cover your face. animals get most spooked from a humans and owls faces.
camo clothes developed in the firs world war when english troops used plain coloured clothes on the desert. I feel that cmo hasn't been needed for tens of thousainds of years, so why would it be needed now?