Author Topic: My Fathers Cancer Surgery/Latest Update for All My Friends  (Read 22482 times)

Offline J. DEMPLER

• It ain't knappin' if you ain't bleedin'
Re: My Fathers Cancer Surgery/Latest Update for All My Friends
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2010, 05:31:25 pm »
Im glad to hear he is doing better, Mike
We will continue to pray for him.
Joe
There is a place for all of Gods creatures, right next to the potatoes and gravy.

Madison, Indiana

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 09:45:46 pm »
Talked to my Dad on the Phone last night....He sounded really good....He said that Mentally ...He is 100%....The Doctors were worried on how He would take it ...having a Bag...didn't seem to be a Problem ...so far....and He said He feels about 70 % Physically....Been up and walking all of the Wing that He is in...and driving the Nurses Crazy..

They still have Him on Ice Chips and Water...no Popsicles or nothing until He has Bowel Sounds....He told the Doctors that if They want Belly Sounds to bring on the Steak and Potatoes.....I am telling You He is a Resilient Old Fart...and Stubborn as the Day is Long too
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cracker

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 05:44:51 pm »
Hey Mike I'm glad to hear that. Attitude is probably half the fight and it sounds like he's got a good one. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2010, 08:29:55 pm »
Mike sounds like a Yooper to me ;D Good on him for being a tough ol bugger. Only met him the once and only for a few minutes but
he's a true blue Yooper ;D Hope to see him here for the Salmon Derby next year and I hear your in charge of da chummin ::) :P >:D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2010, 09:42:21 pm »
                                         Dana..I am always and will always be.....the CHUM KING.......... >:D

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline stickbender

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2010, 03:51:34 am »

Would there be a possible chance of a transplant ?

Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2010, 07:37:57 am »
Glad to hear he is doing better,Yall will be in my thoughts. Tell him to hang in there
and you to. :)
      Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2010, 08:40:15 am »
They are about three years from being able to lone Organs like the Bladder....so they say.... He has never talked to Me about Transplants of the Bladder...but it may be an Option down the Road.

Thanks Pappy...He can use all the Prayers He can get
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2010, 09:27:52 am »
Mike, sounds like your dad is on his way to a great recovery and a continued quality life. I hope the best for his recovery.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2010, 04:12:04 am »
Thanks Greg....I called my Fathers room at the Hospital in Madison Wisconsin after work today....and the Phone just rang and rang...so I decided to call my Stepmothers Cellphone to see what was going on....well She answered the Phone...and I asked what was up...well She told Me that She was in the Grocery Store picking up a few things...and the Dad had told His Doctor this Morning that He was going Home hell or High Water....TODAY! There is supposed to be Bad Weather rolling in for the Weekend and He wasn't going to get stuck thee in it....and if They couldn't get the Paperwork done...He was firing the Lot of Them....and Leaving anyways....well by 2 in the Afternoon...He got His wish and they headed Home.... He seems to psychologically be 100%...but I believe that He isn't Physically ready to be Home....By the time it was all said and done....He was given damned near 4 total Blood Changes.....34 pints of Blood and 6 pints of Plasma....and is still bleeding some Internally...they have a Drain in His side that is draining about 120ML every 3-4 hours of Blood and Fluids from His abdomen...but He was too Stubborn to stay another Day!  He says that He feels better being Home....and I know that after my Bike Wreck...I felt a lot better just being Home myself...so maybe I am just worrying for nothing....I want to thank You all ...Y'all....You's Guys....did I miss anyone...... >:D for keeping my Father in Your Prayers and I will keep You appraised of His progress also.........God Bless

Michael
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline RG

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2010, 09:40:40 am »
EL Glad to hear your Dad is doing better Lots of prayers being sent up from here

Ron

Offline cracker

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 11:49:24 am »
Same from me Mike. I just hope he isn't pushing things too fast. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Wulamoc

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2010, 06:38:56 pm »
Sounds like the same type of character I called Dad!  They just don't lay down too well! Prayers are with you and for him, my friend!
And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. GEN-21:20

Michigan

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2010, 09:54:21 pm »
Thank You Guys....I really appreciate the spiritual help...and you can never get enough.... O:)...He is one from a different generation for sure...they never call it quits...never lay down and surrender....I too Ronnie...am hoping that He isn't pushing Himself too fast too...but He is as stubborn and as Strong as a great Oak Tree.... and won't give up as long as He is rooted soundly to the Earth....
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2010, 10:11:56 pm »
 I'm glad to hear he is doing better, Mike. It's always nicer at home. Everything smells like it's supposed to, and well, it's just, home. Tell your Pop's to get better and if he comes back down this year, I'll have him a pig tied to a tree waiting for him.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?