Author Topic: fletching flu-flu arrows in the traditional spiral way  (Read 13955 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: fletching flu-flu arrows in the traditional spiral way
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 06:46:27 pm »
OK Guys...I will do so...as soon as I get some more materials...and some free time........ :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 12:55:43 am »
If you look down a shaft with a flu flu on it you will see how much wind resistance there is with that style of flu flu. With a full length spiral there are no air spaces through the feather. With a 3 fletch flu flu there is a space between each feather. Also the height of the flu flu will determine the resistanmce too. The taller the more resistance, shorter, less.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 01:10:56 am »
Hey Pat, I guess we really should clarify. I said full length because the link said full length. Looking at the picture, they are in fact probably only 6 inchers.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 01:30:58 am »
Yea, Mikes are shorter but fairly thickly bunched so they should slow the arrow down pretty fast.
  I have seen many types of flu flus . All are effective to one extent or another. I prefer the full length spiral because they work well for my use...plus you only use one feather! ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC