Linked Events

• Standing Stone Rendezvous: June 18, 2010 - June 20, 2010

Author Topic: 4th Annual Standing Stone Traditional Rendezvous(of Central Pa) June 18-20, 2010  (Read 6270 times)

Offline standingstone

STANDING STONE TRADITIONAL ARCHERS
Of the Juniata County Sportsmen's Association, Inc.
9891 route 333
Port Royal, Pa 17082

4TH ANNUAL 3D ARCHERY RENDEZVOUS JUNE 18TH, 19TH, & 20TH, 2010
Vendors will be present and all are welcomed. Set-up is free!

OVER 70 3D TARGETS ON 3 FUN COURSES
Shoot for one day for $10.00
Shoot for two days for $15.00
Shoot all three days for $20.00

COMPETITION COURSE (NO RE-ENTRY) WILL BE AVALABLE FOR AND EXTRA $10.00

AERIALS SATURDAY AFTERNOON TO BENEFIT THE CHILDREN'S MIRACLE NETWORK $2.00 FOR SET OF 10

Equipment Rules:
No wheels or cables, No mechanical release aids, No string walking, No sights of any kind.
Arrows of wood, carbon and aluminum are allowed

Shooting times:
Fri. and Sat. 8am-registration closes at 6pm
Sun. 8am-registration closes at 1pm

Kitchen:
Open Fri. and Sat. 8am-6pm, Sun. 8am-2pm. We will be serving a hot breakfast, lunch and dinner. ***Chicken dinner Saturday from 11am until gone.***

Camping/Lodging:
Free camping on site, first come first served. Fire wood and water provided NO HOOK-UPS Campers may arrive starting at 12 noon Thursday June 17th. For other lodging please contact me.

Pets:
Due to previous problems we ask that you don't bring pets

For more information and a map please contact me Brett Kauffman at 717-535-4390 or email standingstonetraditionalarchers@hotmail.com

DIRETIONS:
From 22/322 Eastbound or Westbound: Take the Port Royal Exit and go right. At the blinking red light go straight. From the blinking red light go approximately 2 mile through the town of Port Royal, and make a right at Taylor’s Garage onto route 333. Go approximately 1.2 mile and club drive will be on your right.

From Route 35: Go to the Red Light in Mifflintown; the Juniata County Court House, Juniata Valley Bank, and First National Bank will be at the intersection. (At the light- if you were heading eastbound towards Selinsgrove turn right, if you were heading westbound towards Shade Gap turn left) Go approximately 2 mile to the blinking red light. At the blinking red light turn right. From there go approximately 2 mile through the town of Port Royal, and make a right at Taylor’s Garage onto route 333. Go approximately 1.2 mile and club drive will be on your right.

From Route 75: You will need to make immediate left at Taylor’s Garage just before you reach the town of Port Royal. After making the left on to route 333, go approximately 1.2 mile and club drive will be on your right.
(If you come to the Port Royal river bridge you went too far.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:57:06 pm by Calendargirl »

Offline chessieboy

Bret i hope to be coming up with Bill G again this year.  I missed it last year and am looking forward to it.  Anyone in the area should try to attent.  Bret any chance on getting some demos this year?  Maybe knapping or bow building?

Offline standingstone

chessieboy, I look forward to seeing you again. As far as getting someone to do demo's at the shoot I would love to have them. I honestly just don't know who to ask or contact that is into knapping and/or bow building. I do know a guy that does really nice scrimshaw work if that would be an interest to anybody. If anyone knows someone shoot me and email and I will see what I can round up.

Offline standingstone

If anyone is interested I think I can get a guy to come to the shoot that has a forge and would be willing to show how to make knifes, camp fire grates, forks, ect. and he also makes arrow hooks and points. Please email me if this would be an interest to any of you and I will see what I can work out.

Offline standingstone

2010 MENU

BREAKFAST (ALL 3 DAYS)

WAFFLES, SCRAMBLED EGGS, SAUSAGE LINKS, TOAST, ORANGE JUICE, AND SODA.

FRIDAY (LUNCH AND DINNER)

HAMBURGER, HOTDOG, MEATBALL SUBS, FRIES, CHIPS. HOME MADE PULLED PORK BAR B-Q (made each day) SANDWITCH OR AS A MEAL INCLUDES HOME MADE COLE SLAW OR POTATO SALAD, CHIPS AND A DRINK. COFFEE, SODA.
SATURDAY (LUNCH AND DINNER)

HAMBURGER, HOTDOG, MEATBALL SUBS, FRIES, CHIPS, HOME MADE PULLED PORK BAR B-Q (made each day) SANWITHCH OR MEAL INCLUDES HOME MADE COLE SLAW OR POTATO SALAD, CHIPS AND A DRINK. FRIED CHICKEN MEAL INCLUDES HOME MADE COLE SLAW OR POTATO SALAD, CHIPS, DINNER ROLE AND DRINK. COFFEE, SODA.

SUNDAY (UNTIL 2:00 PM)

HAMBURGERS, HOTDOGS, MEATBALL SUBS, FRIES, CHIPS, CHICKEN DINNER AND PULLED PORK BAR B-Q LEFT OVER FROM THE 2 PREVIOUS DAYS

Offline standingstone

2010 VENDOR LIST

DREAM CATCHER ARCHERY--MARK WERKHISER--GENERAL
CHISE'S BOWS--MARK SHADE--BOWYER
JRJ KNIVES--JOHN JOHNSON--KNIFE MAKER

OTHERS STILL UNDECIDED OR ABOVE VEDONORS ARE TALKING TO FOR US.

MEDEVIAL ARCHERY--BOWYER
FAMILY TRADITIONAL ARCHERY--GENERAL
STEVE--STRING MAKER

Offline standingstone

Little over 2 weeks away. I hope to meet some of you guys and gals at our shoot. Please make sure when you sign up to tell me that you saw our shoot on this web site. thanks

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Be sure to take pictures and post them!!   ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline standingstone

Ok guys and gals here is the NOAA(www.forcast.weather.gov) forcast for the shoot this weekend.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 83. Northwest wind between 3 and 11 mph.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 58.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 87.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 63.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 91.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 87.

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
That's a darn good weather forcast!   ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.