Author Topic: texas rock  (Read 15256 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: texas rock
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 08:50:38 pm »
 Here's a few pictures, not as much as I wanted to get but I pilfered a few more from the BBQ place today.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 08:57:39 pm »
Sure is purdy rock.

Swamp
From the middle of a swamp in SW Florida.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 08:59:28 pm »
Looks like your out in the rain Eddie ;D. That's some standard stuff you'll find down there. How long are you here and will you have another day off? I wish I'd been paying attention this weekend, damn it :-\ :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 09:04:13 pm »
 Paul, Yea, been in the rain all day up 215' high looking down on Beautiful Stinkadena. I don't know if I'll get another chance. I'm hoping to go home this weekend. Just found out this mornong I have to leave for Brazil Feb. 15 for about 40 days.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline cowboy

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2010, 09:09:25 pm »
Brazillian agate ::)?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2010, 09:18:43 pm »
Paul, Yea, been in the rain all day up 215' high looking down on Beautiful Stinkadena. I don't know if I'll get another chance. I'm hoping to go home this weekend. Just found out this mornong I have to leave for Brazil Feb. 15 for about 40 days.

Ouch!  That stinks Eddie.  That means you leave earlier AND get shafted on turkey season.  What happened to leaving in March?

Swamp

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2010, 09:19:05 pm »
 Not far from where I'll be working is where it comes from, Paul. I'll have to see how hard it is to get it back to the States. I'll have all the USDA paper work ans stamps to import samples back.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2010, 09:20:54 pm »
 Bjorn, they finally got there ass in gear down there. It looks like my turkey season will really be screwed. At least I'll be back for the Classic.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2010, 09:27:43 pm »
A moment of silence.  Hey just tell me exactly where to set up a blind and I'll shoot a couple for ya!  >:D  Seriously, that's a bummer.  Hurry up, wait, hurry up, wait, hurry up....  gotta love it.  Tell them they owe you an Elk trip or something.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2010, 09:38:21 pm »
Most of that looks like some kind of chacedony.  The first and last picture looks like it would make beautiful points!
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2010, 09:46:07 pm »
 Shannon, the rain makes it look purty. But that blue looking one is blue. I'm curious about some lite cream colored one I didn't take a picture of.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline cowboy

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2010, 09:59:40 pm »
That first one with some banding in it will make a purty point, the last one will too but both of em are kinda quartzy chalky kinda hard to knap stuff. They'll work with an added amount of diligence ;D.

Offline cowboy

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2010, 10:01:32 pm »
Ya know, now that I think about it. That stuff mostly reminds me of this Tallahata stuff - just my 10 cents.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2010, 10:04:36 pm »
 Well, Gee, Paul. I like my load of crap I drove 600 miles for. ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2010, 10:27:13 pm »
Well, Gee, Paul. I like my load of crap I drove 600 miles for. ;D

It ain't crap!  That's good lookin stuff.  You'll feel good about any points you get from it.
 Paul and I were talking today about how about 4 in 10 chunks of Tallahatta work pretty good and he compared it to his pedernales.  He said it was about the same.  Not calling it crap...just that you have to work for it. :D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.