Author Topic: Here Kitty Kitty!  (Read 12074 times)

Offline huntertrapper

Re: Here Kitty Kitty!
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 12:58:54 pm »
Big medicine eh? very cool
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Keenan

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 01:25:45 pm »
Way cool Mike, Thanks for sharing. ;)

Offline Parnell

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 01:37:41 pm »
Wow, you really took hold of my interest with this one.  I've been day-dreaming about what that would have been like for the last 40 minutes!  Spectacular!

Hey hawk, I know loins are sensitive but tastebuds?!  ;D >:D  Sorry couldn't resist, that one was just too good.
1’—>1’

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 03:39:53 pm »
Wow, you really took hold of my interest with this one.  I've been day-dreaming about what that would have been like for the last 40 minutes!  Spectacular!

Hey hawk, I know loins are sensitive but tastebuds?!  ;D >:D  Sorry couldn't resist, that one was just too good.

You want to see a big Garfield?  Go stomp around Deep Lake in Big Cypress.  I came across two very fresh sets of panther tracks last time I was there.  Fresh enough to make me look over my shoulder every once in a while and reminded me that there are bigger and badder thing than me out there.  Kind of creepy in grass tall and thick enough to hide a cat 5-6 foot away from you.  Saw two sets of black bear tracks and some coyote tracks as well.

Swamp
From the middle of a swamp in SW Florida.

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 04:03:25 pm »
This kitty actually backtracked twice.. once he crossed over our tracks ... and the second time he went through some trees and doubled back, He was waiting on a limb about ten feet up when our eyes met.. so cool to encounter a fellow predator and feel the BIG MEDICINE in the forest... If a cat wanted to nail a human there would be no real contest... Just a body and a blood trail when the cat god done with the hunt... I am always amazed that a 130-200 pound mountain lion can take down a 700 to 1000 pound elk with ease.what great and stealthy hunters!
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 04:08:51 pm »
Parnell... LOLOL.. Loins.. I went and changed it to lions.. Heeeee ;D

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline PeteC

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 08:01:24 pm »
Very neat Mike,and great pictures Stacey. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline woodstick

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 09:14:58 pm »
as allways nice pics.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline aero86

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 02:16:21 pm »
makes me not wanna get near one now.. just happened upon this.  nothing bad, except video comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tSm_LWX4Io
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 04:17:22 pm »
Nice kitty Mike, you wouldn't want to shoot him until he grew up though. I have been chasing and calling lions since I was a teenager and have yet to shoot one, nothing but pictures so far. After 20 years of waiting he is going to have to be big for me to shoot.

There is an article in one of the PA back issues about by a guy who walked down and shot a lion with a bow. It was a great article that everyone should go back and read.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 04:23:01 pm »
thanks Justin.. I hear you.. I have treed many cats and only shot one.. they are cool to see and fun to try and catch, but killing one it has to be the right cat at the right time... Stacey on the other hand would have made meat and a new quiver and bowcase if she would have had a tag...LOL  i will look up the cat article.. what issue ?

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 05:02:23 pm »
I wish I could remember, Ill try to find it.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 05:06:27 pm »
That's cool Mike! They say theirs some of em around here and I believe they are but have never seen one.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Postman

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 06:24:47 pm »
Very cool - congrats on an awesome encounter!
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline aero86

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2010, 12:36:22 am »
about ten years ago i saw one dead on the side of the highway here in texas, between emory and mineola.  i wouldnt have believed it myself.  i thought it was a dog, but it had that extra long tail, i knew exactly what it was
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.